High School detention for 2550 students in Florida!!! Whatchamaacallit?

fineleg

Well, do any of you have interesting detention or other such high school stories. I think for one whole week our FULL class had to undergo detention in the evening just coz some students made lot of noise during the lunch breaks and the class teacher got "angry"... Meanwhile in Florida:

Teens generally deny that they’ve done something wrong. But most Palm Bay High students Friday told the truth, after the school’s automated telephone system left messages at every home, saying students had to report for Saturday morning detention. The system had a glitch that hasn’t yet been identified. So, instead of calls to 16 homes, the parents or guardians of all 2,550 students received the message. Saturday morning, at least 40 students showed up, only to be informed of the error. “I really feel bad that it happened,†said Principal John Thomas. “It was just too late at 9:30 at night when we found out about it to call everyone back. But Saturday, I sent an apology on the system,†he said.

One guy rearraged all the desks in the classroom after class. We were all asked who that person was, and we all backed him up and didn't reveal. We all had to write imposition (some poem a 100 times) and get our parents' sig on that. Amazing that all of us were prepared to be punished for one bad guy. Well, I don't know why we stood behind him...probably just to stick it to the 'man'.

One guy rearraged all the desks in the classroom after class. We were all asked who that person was' date=' and we all backed him up and didn't reveal. We all had to write imposition (some poem a 100 times) and get our parents' sig on that. Amazing that all of us were prepared to be punished for one bad guy. Well, I don't know why we stood behind him...probably just to stick it to the 'man'.[/quote'] We (as a full class) had to once write imposition of one chapter many times bcos of backing up few folks as well.