And now Symonds Cheats by Grounding a Catch[clip added]

talksport

WHY ARE YOU GUYS MISSING THE POINT? Symonds can't be labeled as cheat because he claimed a bumped catch. One can never know whether it was a deliberate attempt or not. WHY DID THE UMPIRE NOT REFER TO THE THIRD UMPIRE? This is a more worrying question. Why are the umpires taking the word of fielders when they know that either the player is not sure if caught it cleanly or not OR he doesn't want to lose a chance to get an opposition batsman dismissed. THE UMPIRE IS AT FAULT HERE!

Aussies are cheats. Over the years they have been indulged more in sledging using the filthiest possible languages and have cheated shamelessly again and again. Then they say "what happens on the field must remain on the field". Then the moment you give it back to them they go running to mom Proctor. What hypocrites. They singlehandedly destroyed the spirit of the game.

WHY ARE YOU GUYS MISSING THE POINT? Symonds can't be labeled as cheat because he claimed a bumped catch. One can never know whether it was a deliberate attempt or not. WHY DID THE UMPIRE NOT REFER TO THE THIRD UMPIRE? This is a more worrying question. Why are the umpires taking the word of fielders when they know that either the player is not sure if caught it cleanly or not OR he doesn't want to lose a chance to get an opposition batsman dismissed. THE UMPIRE IS AT FAULT HERE!
so, according to you, cheating means-only, fimy shtyle villains taking the innocent parents of the heroes for a ride, by taking signatures on blank papers ? get real Chandan!
so, according to you, cheating means-only, fimy shtyle villains taking the innocent parents of the heroes for a ride, by taking signatures on blank papers ? get real Chandan!
I'm for real here Rajan. It is a player's right to appeal for a thing TO THE UMPIRE. Finally it is upto to the umpire to say yes or no to the appeal. Appeal means asking question. Why can't a player take a catch and ask umpire if it was out, even if there were doubts? Yes. If he asked such a question even when there were sufficient doubts and there was a gentlemanly pact between the two captains that fielder's word would be trusted, then that is cheating. Can we look at the things from a more neutral point of view? That is all I request from all the forummers here.
please domaink, tell me about the 2 videos posted above that CLEARLY show indian players claiming grassed catches. because they would also have to be cheats then wouldnt they ?
jaani!! Jinke ghar kaanch ke hote hein....wo dooso pe pathhar nahi phekte.:D Means those who live in glass houses don't throw stones at others. You Australians are habitual cheaters and when someone tells you that, you try to point a finger at whatever you can see. Finding a few cases where the Indians slipped does not make you any different from the evil monsters you are (in cricket). And the irony is that you all try to shamelessly defend yourself and justify your acts. Did I hear you say that what Symonds did was wrong? Did I hear you say that what the umpire did was wrong? Now, you hear me: if an Indian fielder claims a bumped catch, its wrong. At least our players realize their mistakes and correct them. your players take pride in it and plan to do it as many times as they can. Starting from that catch by Slater following which he abused Dravid so badly to this symo incident, you guys have over stepped the line so many times and the world now believes that the line perhaps does not at all exist for you.
I'm for real here Rajan. It is a player's right to appeal for a thing TO THE UMPIRE. Finally it is upto to the umpire to say yes or no to the appeal. Appeal means asking question. Why can't a player take a catch and ask umpire if it was out, even if there were doubts? Yes. If he asked such a question even when there were sufficient doubts and there was a gentlemanly pact between the two captains that fielder's word would be trusted, then that is cheating. Can we look at the things from a more neutral point of view? That is all I request from all the forummers here.
for God's sake, Chandan, he was not appealing,he was celebrating as if he has taken it genuinely! he was running around wild and jumping with joy. did it look like ' an appeal' to you? u r just trying to be fair where as u r missing the point completely. i have played enough cricket to know that symmonds would have 100% known that he put the ball on the ground while falling down. so, in my humble opinion he has cheated.
for God's sake, Chandan, he was not appealing,he was celebrating as if he has taken it genuinely! he was running around wild and jumping with joy. did it look like ' an appeal' to you? u r just trying to be fair where as u r missing the point completely. i have played enough cricket to know that symmonds would have 100% known that he put the ball on the ground while falling down. so, in my humble opinion he has cheated.
You mean just like Dhoni and Ganguly?
jaani!! Jinke ghar kaanch ke hote hein....wo dooso pe pathhar nahi phekte. Means those who live in glass houses don't throw stones at others. You Australians are habitual cheaters and when someone tells you that, you try to point a finger at whatever you can see. Finding a few cases where the Indians slipped does not make you any different from the evil monsters you are (in cricket). And the irony is that you all try to shamelessly defend yourself and justify your acts. Did I hear you say that what Symonds did was wrong? Did I hear you say that what the umpire did was wrong? Now, you hear me: if an Indian fielder claims a bumped catch, its wrong. At least our players realize their mistakes and correct them. your players take pride in it and plan to do it as many times as they can. Starting from that catch by Slater following which he abused Dravid so badly to this symo incident, you guys have over stepped the line so many times and the world now believes that the line perhaps does not at all exist for you.
wow. i never realised how completely brainwashed you really are until that post. 'evil monsters' ? "we take pride in it and PLAN to do it as many times ?" why is it so hard to accept that BOTH countries have over stepped the line in the past ? you tell me people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones.. well, it was you that started calling the australian players cheats, when it is your team that has a couple of cheaters in them as well. those videos were ignored by many posters, who then chose to continue with their 'blame-australia' way of thinking, only until i raised the question. explain to me why you think we take pride in over stepping the line ? what do you have to back up these claims ? and honestly, i think symonds caught that ball. you're only looking at it the way you want to look at it. i realise the same could be argued about myself. but for this forum to post videos on the top of the forum page titled "symonds grassed catch" in a match that didnt involve india, is absolutely ridiculous. i hope you are going to do the same thing if a player from new zealand claims a grassed catch when playing against england yes ? if that isnt an example of how pathetic a lot of people are with regards to this blame-australia, i give up. i suppose of australia beats india in the finals of these one dayers, symonds will further be labelled a cheat and the umpires pathetic because if that catch was given not out, sri lanka would have won.. and you would have played them in the final.. you could have beaten them blah blah blah. its possible symonds had his fingers clamped around the ball before he fell on the ground. he didnt put the ball on the ground to manipulate the ball in his hand.. not to keep it from spilling.. i wonder what the sri lankans think about this catch ? have we heard from the umpires about it ? do we know they werent 100% sure ? the way you and many people carry on here, you could think india has never benefitted from an incorrect umpiring decision. the only thing that is going to happen here is an argument going around and around in circles. you're not going to change my mind. im not going to change yours. carry on blaming all of indias problems on australia.. carry on in blaming the umpires, michael clarke, ricky ponting, whoever.. i really dont give a damm.. if it means you can put your head down on your pillow at night and get to sleep feeling someone else was to blame for your team losing/bombing out in the world cup etc etc go for it mate. personally i think your explanation for the 2 videos and your response is pretty weak, which i expected. we dont bring up past cases of indians cheating to justify our actions. we dont bring them up to say "hey its ok if we do it because india has". its because you are so one-eyed you forget that similar situations have occured in the past with your own team. conveniently forgotten so you can indulge in some more aussie bashing. i think its time you practiced what you preached.. remember.. people in glasshouses shouldnt throw stones right..
There was no appeal made by Symonds, but I am not sure if any other australian appealed, if not, the umpire can't give the batsman out according to law 27 which requires the fielding side to appeal for the umpire to rule a player out. Even though he may be out under the Laws
Rajan, It again boiles down to the competence of an umpire. Umpire can warn a player for celebrating before someone is ruled out by him. Why does the umpire take everything dished out from the players, especially Australians, lying down? This is the more important and more worrying factor than establishing whether Symonds knew that he grassed the catch or not. Why can't a jouranalist interview an umpire and ask about this issue? I think there has been enough heartburns during this season due to incompetent umpiring and ICC should introduce technology as soon as possible.
they are missing the point because they would rather label aussies as cheats' date=' than question something that the umpires should possibly have done.[/quote'] Aussie players are labelled cheats because they have turned sledging,unfair practices (like the bumped catches) and bullying the umpires to get favourable decision into a gameplan.....a plan that has worked very well for them for many years.They have all these years done this as a kind of birth right of the aussie team.Even that was ok....unfortunately what pissed off everyone is that they have been dishing it out all these years but can't take it and cry like sissies when they are at the recieving end.
Aussie players are labelled cheats because they have turned sledging' date='unfair practices (like the bumped catches) and bullying the umpires to get favourable decision into a gameplan.....a plan that has worked very well for them for many years.They have all these years done this as a kind of birth right of the aussie team.Even that was ok....unfortunately what pissed off everyone is that they have been dishing it out all these years but can't take it and cry like sissies when they are at the recieving end.[/quote'] broken_record.jpg change your record.. heard it all before.. do you guys all have a template for all this repetitive rubbish ? i swear ive read the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over again.. we cry like sissies ? ha thats absolutely hillarious.. the only 'uproar' about this symonds catch has come from indian supporters. kinda pathetic considering you werent even playing in that match..
So???....Is cheating ok if you are not involved?? And why do you think the aussies are not shocked at symonds claiming that catch?
of course not. see, even in that response you're taking the view that we condone cheating.. we dont. its seriously getting old and tiresome. i was saying if anyone has a right to be up in arms and wanted to protest the catch it would be the sri lankans seeing as they played them.. but any excuse for you blokes to get all rowdy about anything negative towards the aussies..
of course not. see, even in that response you're taking the view that we condone cheating.. we dont. its seriously getting old and tiresome. i was saying if anyone has a right to be up in arms and wanted to protest the catch it would be the sri lankans seeing as they played them.. but any excuse for you blokes to get all rowdy about anything negative towards the aussies..
So why is this not a big issue in the aussie media .....afterall it does look like blatent cheating?It does look like at least the aussie media is condoning it .
Pancho, just about anyone can stand up and object to whats unethical. Its only natural that you can not understand it.