ICF - Chanders has volunteered to help you guys!!

Sloane84

21 minutes ago, Sloane84 said:

OK, so I see Coach Ravi Shastri has read my posts

Shastri to team today  - Prepare to bat ugly and show grit...... like the great Shivnarine Chanderpaul !

With that said, the playing 11 for Trent Bridge in batting order will be:

Dhawan

Pujara

Rahul

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Pandya

Ashwin

Bumrah

Shami

Sharma

The Plan:

No more Vijay and trying to play swinging deliveries on the leg-side

Dhawan to play his natural game, with the gamble that he can get some runs on the board before he edges to Cook in the slips.

Pujara to bat and bat...and bat.

Rahane & Rahul to be more circumspect outside off-stump

Hope that Pant comes in after seeing off Anderson.

Pandya and Ashwin to shore up the batting.

4 seamers and a spinner in a must win test.

Another low-scoring encounter expected and every run will count and every catch has to be taken.

If all of this works out, India could just win the 3rd Test. If not, we are looking at 5-0.

if its a seaming wicket...Eng will be remosrseful at the end..Cause some bowlers are coming back to the side for India. There will be more strike deliveries...wicket balls to negotiate.

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Dravid did and he was batting consultant prior to Shaz wanting the great Bhangar.

Even Dhoni & Kumble have fought it out to save us games. Agarkar too has a century in a losing cause like chanders. These were our lower order, I'm sure Sunny & others fought well in Eng.

How do we tell this Chandu that chanderpaul isn't a role model in batting ?

"Chanders isn't the only batsman in the history of cricket to have shown grit in England."

OK Clarkey, don't get too stuck up on the name............think about the style of play that is required to win this test match.

GRIT.

(btw, what is the Hindi for GRIT ?)

It could be Dravid as well...though I am pretty sure Chanders made his test debut before Dravid, and perhaps Rahul saw Chanders make that 80 odd in the 1996 World Cup semi-final v Australia and decided "I should bat like Chanders". :wp1:

Edited by Sloane84