Tendulkar failed again

Guest whineleg

Guest whineleg

Yet again India needed him to make runs in a difficult run chase and he ran away instead. I think he should be dropped. Are there any examples to counter, like SRT actually making runs to help us when chasing and leading us to a win? Recent matches only pls.

Guest whineleg

finey, you are correct. he will fail as many times as he feels like, because vengcircus and the other Mumbai lobby selectors will keep picking him and all the blind SRT worshippers like Gambit and Anakin will keep defending him.

LOL ... there is never any pleasing you guys ... when you mix stupidity with a short memory there is nothing much we can say. We already had this argument 8 months ago before the England series, and he played many brilliant knocks in 2nd innings run chases(many matchwinning, including a few 300+ totals) against SAF in Ireland, England in England, Australia in India, Pakistan in India. After the Pakistan series everyone forgot his Test form so they brought up stupid things like "success metrics" (which by the way he absolutely caned) for the next 2 Test series. Then after the Test series people have forgot his one day form again, so now they are calling for his head in one dayers. Like I said before its stupidity mixed with short memories. Add to that the fact that he got an incorrect decision (hawk-eye showed it was going about 3 inches above the stumps, and hawk-eyes margin of error is quite small nowadays). So for all the haters, say whatever you want ... but for gods sake (no pun intended) don't start complaining when we have an ODI team full of arrogant gimps like Yuvraj who throw their wicket away by hitting across the line (in the air) to leg spinners almost 1 yard outside off (to the longest boundary in the team), when a fielder was placed there for that shot.

LOL ... there is never any pleasing you guys ... when you mix stupidity with a short memory there is nothing much we can say. We already had this argument 8 months ago before the England series, and he played many brilliant knocks in 2nd innings run chases(many matchwinning, including a few 300+ totals) against SAF in Ireland, England in England, Australia in India, Pakistan in India. After the Pakistan series everyone forgot his Test form so they brought up stupid things like "success metrics" (which by the way he absolutely caned) for the next 2 Test series. Then after the Test series people have forgot his one day form again, so now they are calling for his head in one dayers. Like I said before its stupidity mixed with short memories. Add to that the fact that he got an incorrect decision (hawk-eye showed it was going about 3 inches above the stumps, and hawk-eyes margin of error is quite small nowadays). So for all the haters, say whatever you want ... but for gods sake (no pun intended) don't start complaining when we have an ODI team full of arrogant gimps like Yuvraj who throw their wicket away by hitting across the line (in the air) to leg spinners almost 1 yard outside off (to the longest boundary in the team), when a fielder was placed there for that shot.
I agree with whatever you say Bharat. And let us not critisize Yuvraj too much because after a long time he seemed to be getting his touch back. Unfortunately before rediscovering it fully he tried to go for the broke. Agreed that it worked once, but there was no need of doing it again. Hopefully we'll see Yuvraj in full flow in the next match. But don't you think Sachin should be rested now? The man has been playing non-stop cricket since last 5 months and looks really tired, He needs at least a month's rest before SA's test series. Will Dhoni get this? Hopefully he does get this. This way, Tiwary or Raina will get a chance to play as well.
. Will Dhoni get this? Hopefully he does get this. This way, Tiwary or Raina will get a chance to play as well.
You dont understand Chandan. Itz not Dhoni who needz to get this. Its SRT who needz to get this. If SRT wants to play, no way MSD will advise SRT to take rest. Its SRT's call and MSD will respect that.
I agree with whatever you say Bharat. And let us not critisize Yuvraj too much because after a long time he seemed to be getting his touch back. Unfortunately before rediscovering it fully he tried to go for the broke. Agreed that it worked once, but there was no need of doing it again. Hopefully we'll see Yuvraj in full flow in the next match. But don't you think Sachin should be rested now? The man has been playing non-stop cricket since last 5 months and looks really tired, He needs at least a month's rest before SA's test series. Will Dhoni get this? Hopefully he does get this. This way, Tiwary or Raina will get a chance to play as well.
Yes ... I know he has been playing non-stop cricket for a while, but I would not rest him now as we have some must-win matches coming up and we need our full-strength team. Despite my criticism, I would not even drop Yuvraj this series, as I believe that a full strength Indian ODI team includes Yuvraj. I was just venting my frustration at such a ridiculous shot.
You dont understand Chandan. Itz not Dhoni who needz to get this. Its SRT who needz to get this. If SRT wants to play, no way MSD will advise SRT to take rest. Its SRT's call and MSD will respect that.
And you think Sachin will tell Dhoni in such a difficult time that he doesn't want to play? That would mean that he wants to run away from the challenge and Sachin will NEVER do that. However, I don't know how you assumed that Dhoni can't do this. Did you watch the ODI series vs Pak in Pak in 2006? Did Dravid rest Sachin for the last match or not? Sometimes your assumptions leave me speechless!!!

I wouldnt rest or drop anyone. This is not a selection issue. This team has the capability of making big scores, its just batsman need to show a bit more responsibility. We need a full strength team, which means big guns like Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Ishant, Pathan, etc all need to be there to give us our best chance. Every game is must win from here. NO RESTING ANYONE is my view.

And you think Sachin will tell Dhoni in such a difficult time that he doesn't want to play? That would mean that he wants to run away from the challenge and Sachin will NEVER do that. However, I don't know how you assumed that Dhoni can't do this. Did you watch the ODI series vs Pak in Pak in 2006? Did Dravid rest Sachin for the last match or not? Sometimes your assumptions leave me speechless!!!
Chandan, Dravid is Tendulkars peer and a senior partner. What he is able to do, a young MSD will find it hard to tell a senior statesman to take rest. MSD did rest RD (but RD was out of form then, so diff situation)

I'm not that bothered for the end result Bharat. I think our young guns haven't disgraced themselves here. It is the exposure which I want for them. And if Sachin is looking tired, he will not contribute much--neither in field nor with the bat. Isn't it better to rest a tired player and give chance to an energetic fellow who has everything to gain from every outing?

Chandan, Dravid is Tendulkars peer and a senior partner. What he is able to do, a young MSD will find it hard to tell a senior statesman to take rest. MSD did rest RD (but RD was out of form then, so diff situation)
Can I ask what is your sorce of information? And RD's resting was not different situation. Sachin is tired and he has nothing to give to the team as Dravid didn't have any then. So I'll be very interested in knowing your source who gave you this news. If it is another of your wild imaginations..then.. I don't have to say much to you.

I dont feel he looks tired. In fact he appears to be actually in pretty good form, except that he is not having much luck atm. He got a dodgy decision today. In Canberra he was looking strong until one bad shot. In Melbourne, he got a bit of luck with that caught behind but made a valuable 44 (almost 1/3 of the total). In Brisbane he trod on his stumps against Aus and inside edged it against Lanka. I dont believe he has been consistently troubled by a certain bowler, and I feel a big innings is around the corner. But history has shown the more people question Sachin's form and his spot, the better he plays so this criticism is probably a good thing.