James Hopes

Mr. Wicket

Probably the most improved Australian player in some time. Not the best of knocks, but his bowling spell was outstanding at points. He's turned from a dobbly medium pacer into far more - was clocking in the high 130s regularly, hitting the deck hard and bowled a fantastic spell, using the short ball particularly well (and producing a couple of cracking bouncers that were nearly unplayable).

He is a better bowler than i originally thought, for sure. He just ambles in, but his pace is right up there and obviously, he generates just enough movement to keep the batsman honest. Havent seen him play a substantial innings yet but obviously, he has the talent and tis just a matter of time before he does that too.

I think he's in the wrong part of the lineup to play substantial innings. I'd like to see him thrown in at the top of the order a bit more. His game is quite weak against spin, and in post-Gilchrist days he could be very handy opening with Hayden (seeing as the fcktard selectors aren't going to bring Kat or PJ back) against the seamers. His bowling's definitely gone up a few notches though - was about a year ago that I was watching him trundle down dibbly dobbly mid 120s stuff against NZ and England.

I think he's in the wrong part of the lineup to play substantial innings. I'd like to see him thrown in at the top of the order a bit more. His game is quite weak against spin, and in post-Gilchrist days he could be very handy opening with Hayden (seeing as the fcktard selectors aren't going to bring Kat or PJ back) against the seamers. His bowling's definitely gone up a few notches though - was about a year ago that I was watching him trundle down dibbly dobbly mid 120s stuff against NZ and England.
Pj ain't a good fielder unlike other aussie fielderz for ODI.... about his batting ability.. hez a good bat but may be just like how langer didn't get to play in Odis much for Aus.. same way his carrer might be played too
He is a better bowler than i originally thought' date=' for sure. He just ambles in, but his pace is right up there and obviously, he generates just enough movement to keep the batsman honest. Havent seen him play a substantial innings yet but obviously, he has the talent and tis just a matter of time before he does that too.[/quote'] dont try to be bill lawry by using word's like HONEST. Be urself ;)
Probably the most improved Australian player in some time. Not the best of knocks' date=' but his bowling spell was outstanding at points. He's turned from a dobbly medium pacer into far more - was clocking in the high 130s regularly, hitting the deck hard and bowled a fantastic spell, using the short ball particularly well (and producing a couple of cracking bouncers that were nearly unplayable).[/quote'] Agreed... I had to check whether I was watching the same James Hopes last night! Hopefully he can keep up his good form. marirs_mania has a point though... I think the Indian batsmen allowed him to settle into a rhythm last night. If they can dominate him early and force him to mix things up, it will certainly open up more scoring opportunities.