Pontings foul mouthed send off to Bhaji

Feed

Nielsen downplays Ponting-Bhajji spat Australia coach Tim Nielsen feels there was not much to make out of the brief exchange of words between both the players in Sunday's Adelaide ODI of the CB series. More... Press Trust Of India Adelaide, February 18, 2008 First Published: 13:11 IST(18/2/2008) Last Updated: 16:25 IST(18/2/2008) Australia coach Tim Nielsen on Monday played down the brief exchange of words between Harbhajan Singh and Ricky Ponting in Sunday's match and admitted the home captain's poor form has become a worry for the team. Ponting, who has been Harbhajan's bunny in the Test series against India, could not hide his glee after his nemesis was out in Sunday's match which the hosts won by 50 runs. Ponting appeared to say something to Harbhajan as the Indian left the crease but his coach felt there was not much to make out of it. "It's been a long summer and there is a bit of feeling between the sides. But it's not different to what has always happened in the 100 years of the game. "Only because it's between India and Australia, Harbhajan and Ponting and those sort of things and people notice it more," he said. "I don't think it isn't there in the games against Sri Lanka but they are not noticed as much," Nielsen added. He, however, was candid enough to admit that the top order was not firing on all cylinders and the captain has not been at his best, to say the least. "Ricky has set such high standards over the last four or five years that everyone wants to see a bit more on the screen," he said. "He's not having the season he would like. He hit the ball pretty hard but straight to point. He is showing good form in the nets but is under pressure for not contributing as he would like to," Nielsen said.

This is what many players have said before. Australia are very careful not to sledge near stump mics or where they are outnumbered. Its always a cowardly sledge when they are surrounded by their teammates. Btw ... to Rahul_is_my_god ... remember back in Feb 04 when Pathan got fined for clapping off Martyn ... surely Ponting's cheap shot was much worse.

I have never seen any aussie or any other captain as disgusing in his conduct as ponting. He is a disgrace to international cricket and his nation. He is a yob!!! After all thats happend for him to start abusing players is shoking and shows he is out of control! Shocked ICC has not hammerd him. Just shows BCCI needs to keep the heat on to ensure change and a level pleying field. Love it if bhaji gets him out next time. Would love it!!

how in the world u know punter abused bajji this time? don't make it up until u have full proof
Bingo! As I asked above:
Does anyone know what was said' date=' or does anybody have footage? I recall seeing Ponting saying something during the match and Harbi turned his head quickly but kept walking.[/quote'] Spare us the character assassinations unless there is clear proof of what has been said.
Did you see it?? Why do you think he was saying good evening? His face was was one of anger!! We all know it was a send off. Disgusting he needs to keep his trap shut!
You must have fantastic lip-reading skills!:two_thumbs_up: Jumping to conclusions without proof is bad form. Look where it got Mike Procter! hehe
This is what many players have said before. Australia are very careful not to sledge near stump mics or where they are outnumbered. Its always a cowardly sledge when they are surrounded by their teammates. Btw ... to Rahul_is_my_god ... remember back in Feb 04 when Pathan got fined for clapping off Martyn ... surely Ponting's cheap shot was much worse.
i was praising Bhajji.
Bingo! As I asked above: Spare us the character assassinations unless there is clear proof of what has been said.
wow! by the way, did the aussies wait for the proof before indulging in " character assaination" of Harbhajan singh , in sydney and there after??? oh, yes, different standards for different people.i understand. if i remember correctly, The Judge said clearly that there was no proof for the aussie accusation of "racial abuse" by Harbhajan. so, what happened? did any one in the aussie media or the self proclaimed judges, the Aussie fans apologise to Harbhajan for attributing the offence with out proof? NO. again, different people, different standards!
Seiously are you not as an australian dissapointed by the consistent yobbish behaviour of your captain?
To be honest, I think many aspects of his behaviour have been blown completely out of proportion, particularly following the Sydney game, and a lot of negativity was unfairly directed towards him as a result of the general feeling following the game (poor umpiring, some dubious catches, people not walking etc). People got VERY hot under the collar. The media have a lot to answer for! I would be interested in hearing exactly which aspects/incidents you have such huge problems with. I'm not being a smart-ass by saying this... I genuinely would like to know. Personally I don't have an issue with sledging provided that it does not refer to someone's family or race. I know some people don't like it, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
So why was he talking to bhaji after he was out? It was a send off. No need to speak to a batter after he is out.
Let's be honest here... both teams are guilty of sledging after the batsman has been dismissed. I've seen a few instances where Indian bowlers have eyeballed Aussie batsman after dismissing them, turning their heads in their direction and yelling stuff which unfortunately I do not understand. It could be totally innocent (ie. young fast bowlers getting caught up in the moment, or they may not say offensive words) but I cannot speculate what is being said without knowing for sure. To be honest it doesn't faze me... the Aussies do it, so they deserve to cop it back. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist over it!
So pete mac what do you think he was saying?
I have absolutely no idea and would prefer not to speculate nor jump to conclusions. If he was telling him to 'f%#k off back to the pavillion' or similar, then it is no different to what teams have said to one another for the past 30+ years, so it's not like Ricky is suddenly the devil who will destroy the gentlemanly game of cricket! If he was being racist or having a go at his family/parents etc then that would be a matter of concern.