Prithvi Shaw should be India’s first choice opener for Australia tour: Dilip Vengsarkar

On 10/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, gakgupta said:

I respect Dilip's view...

He was the one who was hell-bent on pursuing with Kohli, when he was young.....Now we know, what kohli has done....

This guy has the eye for talent...

Absolutely . If he sees talent , will include him irrespective of age , inexperience .

One of the best selectors .

On 10/5/2018 at 11:20 PM, wanted_desi said:

If Vihari scored 100 in his first match, would he have made such statement for him being selected at #5 first choice rather than Rahane? 

No...

Because he isn't as special as Shaw skill-wise...

I am neither the fan of Shaw not i hate him....

He is a young lad and long way to go.....He will have his up's and down's....lets see, how he will deal with it....

But definitely, comparing him with sachin, lara and sehwag is totally uncalled for...

On 10/13/2018 at 5:27 PM, Straight Drive said:

Prithvi Shaw scores a 70 , following his 134. At the age of 18 he is making the 26 years old Rahul look like a new comer. The difference of form, the advantage of lesser age and longer career ahead as well as talent is putting him much ahead now as far as selection between him and Rahul goes in test cricket. It is good that the youngsters are performing better than seniors and putting severe pressure on them to perform or lose their place in squad. 

To be Honest, Rahul is far better batsmen than Shaw...

Rahul has tons of time facing the pace bowlers...

Skill-wise Rahul is ahead....

It's just that Rahul is at the worst phase of his career....

Rahul is one of the very rare talent who is all-condition player (like Root, Kane, Smith, Kohli, ABDV)