Indian Premier League IPL - Dates, Itinerary and team discussion

Feed

Being the cynic that I am, I can't help feel that the whole Bhajji-Symonds fracas was a set-up. It's quite clear that profile, positive or negative, counts for a lot more in IPL than the ability to play cricket. Symond's desperation not to go to Pakistan, Bhajji's pining to have him in the same side makes me think that these two were on to a good thing. A quick chat in the hotel room to work out the details, and then the contrived scenes on the ground, with not a murmur to a single other soul. Some outraged interviews in the press by both prima donnas, with the two teams, unsuspecting captains and players et al held hostage to the whole drama, leading up to the biggest payday of their lives. Nicely done. Nearly a million a year for Bhajji, a million and half for Symonds...the plan obviously worked like a dream. There's no such thing as bad publicity, particularly when businessmen who don't have the faintest about cricket are throwing money around in the auction house. From his recent statements, Ponting might have just woken up to the whole scam, albeit a bit late in the day. It would be impossible not to think on these lines, given what's transpired.

Being the cynic that I am, I can't help feel that the whole Bhajji-Symonds fracas was a set-up. It's quite clear that profile, positive or negative, counts for a lot more in IPL than the ability to play cricket. Symond's desperation not to go to Pakistan, Bhajji's pining to have him in the same side makes me think that these two were on to a good thing. A quick chat in the hotel room to work out the details, and then the contrived scenes on the ground, with not a murmur to a single other soul. Some outraged interviews in the press by both prima donnas, with the two teams, unsuspecting captains and players et al held hostage to the whole drama, leading up to the biggest payday of their lives. Nicely done. Nearly a million a year for Bhajji, a million and half for Symonds...the plan obviously worked like a dream. There's no such thing as bad publicity, particularly when businessmen who don't have the faintest about cricket are throwing money around in the auction house. From his recent statements, Ponting might have just woken up to the whole scam, albeit a bit late in the day. It would be impossible not to think on these lines, given what's transpired.
U need to see a Doc :giggle:

This is a sheer nonsensical conspiracy theory

Chennai - Dhoni Mumbai - Jaya * Bangalore - Dravid Hyderabad - Laxman Mohali - UV Jaipur - Warne * Kolkata - Ganguly Delhi - Sehwag * - Not sure

I can almost imagine ticz... MAARO SAALO KO.. MAAROOO BLOODY TENDULKAR.. KITNA MAREGA SAALE CHOR :cantstop:
with addition of "rofl rofl rofl rofl.... BLOODY LEGEND BLOODY THIS BLOODY THAT"