Chennai to be knocked out in first round

Cricketics

Guest HariSampath

ICL T20 we won...ICL 50 also we won. Chennai also won the only T20 national championship last season...and season before that Tamil Nadu won the national ODI championships....u want more ??

street? in diff diff sectorz mate.. but not for too long.. its just that i have lot of relativez over there.. also in Amritsar
Ok, please edit your OP to, "SUCKS THERE IS NO HOUSE NO.21, SECTOR 11, CHANDIGARH TEAM". :giggle: Bring on any sector mate, No one can beat Chennai ! :dance:

Yeah I am hoping for the downfall of MSD and Chennai as well. It will be awesome...Also would love to see Ishant give nightmares to SRT and co. And obviously let's hope that the U-22 and catchment players can perform really well and show that they deserve more than they will be paid.

Guest HariSampath
that was crap trmnt hari.. play the real deal now.. this IPL.. letz see how chennai goez in here..
What crap tournament ?? Chennai won the only T20 tournament in India WITHOUT any star players when ALL the maharathis like sachin, Yuvraj, Dhoni, et all were playing for their respective states. We won it purely based on our young talent. Chennai ICL team had selected so many players from that team, and went on to win the ICL T20 largely due to contributions by the youngsters from Chennai, and also with no Int'l players, Chennai again won the ICL 50 overs. in 2005, Chennai were national 50 overs winners ...what I am saying is there is a rich crop of youngsters in the Chennai area who do very well in limited overs cricket consistently, and this is important because anyway just 4 Int'l players can play in one team in IPL and also 4 local players plus U-22 players have to be selected. So Chennai will have a very talented resource pool, and USED to winning at the national level.

Guest HariSampath
Wake up. Times have changed. We have SRT :finger:
SRT couldnt even win the T20 for Mumbai last season....Chennai beat Mumbai in T20 WITH Sachin playing :two_thumbs_up:

By far, the biggest quandary of my life so far will be to decide which team to support when Chennai ***** ***** ( dont feel like spelling that idiotic name) plays Mumbai. I mean, Sachin means more to me than most things in life, but I am also a true-blue Chennai-ite. Ok, here's the deal. I will support the Mumbai team ONLY when Sachin is batting. On other occasions, Its Chennai all the way ! :two_thumbs_up:

I cant believe Laxman chose to give up his icon status. He will be losing nearly $6,00,000-$7,00,000 because of this. Is he insane ? On the one hand, we have saintly cricketers like Symmonds, who has decided not to tour Pakistan because thousands of people are dying there everyday and instead play IPL, while on the other hand, we have a terribly selfish cricketer like Laxman. Worshtu !
It was not his choice to give up icon status

Guest HariSampath
But Hari as you are saying many of them shifted base to ICL naa...
Chennai lost Badani, Sriram, Satish and Devendran to ICL, yeah these players were key performers in Chennai's national T20 win, but we still have Anirud Srikkanth, Badri and Vidyut who were all very valuable players too. I hope Anirudh Srikkanth gets a couple of games to play in the 11...he is a brilliant striker and I even remember him hitting Simon Jones for 20 runs in one over at the start of a match, in Chennai. Vidyut is good too, and Badri can certainly play at runa ball as he did against SAF A team and won a match . Badri is a useful change bowler. The key is that Chennai has a very good resource pool for limited overs cricket with very talented youngsters, and much of this IPL is going to depend on how the fringe players do, as there has to be 2-3 in every team Chennai is certainly a brilliant fielding side ( no surprises...Robin Singh is going to be coach), and the bowling lineup looks very good with Ntini , Morkel, Oram, Murali and Jogi