All's Not Well in India's Garden

Dhondy

Sreesanth should be used sparingly - i'd play him only in matches against Australia. Great batting lineups bring out the best in him. Seeing how he charges in every over, putting in a 110%, it's also safer to rest him for every other match. India don't need Sreesanth to beat a crappy team like Sri Lanka but they DO need him to beat Australia.

I for one want to ensure that we dont confuse tests and odi's ... viru doesnt deserve an ODI spot based on the numbers. We can keep talking abt potential till kingdom come but that doesnt get us anywhere ... OTOH ... there is no way he should have been dropped from Tests either .... why are two bit selectors keep muddying the waters is beyond me.

OTOH, Sehwag's stats are getting more & more mediocre as we speak. He started well in ODIs. But his ODI career has gone south since then. His retrogression, is not attributable to a temporary dip in his form. Since 2004, he averages 28. Since 2005, 29. And Since 2006, it is 27. Am convinced this is too large a sample to be misleading.
I see your point, but I honestly feel the Sehwag whom we are seeing now is different to the one we have seen till now. This Sehwag is definitely capable of building an one-day innings, and because the nature of his strokeplay, even a Sehwag at 50% steam will outscore most other batsman. The Adelaide in the second innings was notable for its patience, something we havent seen in Sehwag till now. I genuinely hope he can convert that one-day form too. He just need to last the first 15 overs, he isnt a bad one-day player. He is a decent runner and plays the spinners excellently. We need a firing Sehwag in ODIs too.
Sreesanth should be used sparingly - i'd play him only in matches against Australia. Great batting lineups bring out the best in him. Seeing how he charges in every over' date=' putting in a 110%, it's also safer to rest him for every other match. India don't need Sreesanth to beat a crappy team like Sri Lanka but they DO need him to beat Australia.[/quote'] But, isnt that a not so good thing ? After all, its international cricket and Sreesanth needs to find ways to sustain his performance against all teams. Its not like matches against other teams are any less important.

Sehwag is in hot form and should be played. Doesn't matter how many runs he got in the past, what his average in ODI is. He's a match winner and when in good form he is as good as anyone can get. Dhoni is silly not to play Sehwag. Sehwag can roll his arm too and is as good as Bhajji if not any better. I don't quite know how anyone can even think about dropping Sreesanth. Here's a good agressive fast bowler that does well often but he's dropped because he bowled badly in a rain curtailed 21 over match. The team management is not thinking at the moment and I agree with Dhondy on this, India has few selection problems on hand.

I see your point, but I honestly feel the Sehwag whom we are seeing now is different to the one we have seen till now. This Sehwag is definitely capable of building an one-day innings, and because the nature of his strokeplay, even a Sehwag at 50% steam will outscore most other batsman. The Adelaide in the second innings was notable for its patience, something we havent seen in Sehwag till now. I genuinely hope he can convert that one-day form too. He just need to last the first 15 overs, he isnt a bad one-day player. He is a decent runner and plays the spinners excellently. We need a firing Sehwag in ODIs too.
I agree that Veeru is worth the gamble in *THIS* team. The team atm looks unsettled. There are too many batting spots up for grabs. But if Sehwag wants to play for an Indian ODI team two years from now, he needs to score 50s atleast once in every 4-5 games and average about 35. 20s & 30s aint gonna cut it.

but chandan two negatives doesnt make positive in cricket.. btw.. i want him in ODI side.. ahead of praveen kumar n uthappa.. gambhir is in great touch currently but i would even pick veeru ahead of him in other times.. i used to have problem with veeru's attitude.. but that has changed... he is more fitter.. plays with lot of responsibility.. (shown in that saved test.. it was one of the best).. gives advise to captain.. fields good.. bowls sensibly.. wat else you need..

but chandan two negatives doesnt make positive in cricket.. ..
But you can only choose from the resources availbale, isn't it? A hayden won't come to play for your team. So if your captain decides to go with 5 bowlers, places for batsmen are just 5 along with Dhoni the skipper and keeper. Batsmen sure to play are: Sachin Gambhir (on the basis on form) ? Sharma (future grooming) Yuvi. Now for the number #3 spot you have: Sehwag Uthappa Raina Tiwary Who would you choose? Sehwag, any day, any time for me!
Guest HariSampath

Sehwag had not been dropped, Dhoni wanted to wait before bringing him back in. Sehwag has not really played to potential later half of his ODI career, he can do so much more. Now that he is in the team, he should play as many games as possible, and more importantly he has to deliver big, not just get starts like 15-20 and get out, he needs to get a 100 now in ODIs

But you can only choose from the resources availbale' date=' isn't it? A[b'] hayden won't come to play for your team.!
he will!!! atleast ponting or symo would...just throw money - lots of greenbacks - at those beggars, they will change citizenship and play for india :haha: easy to get them!!! :tomato: for Sydney at their team
Guest HariSampath

^ why are you on about just aussie beggars....throw money at Indian cricketers too and they too will do anything you ask them....example is here for all to see last 10-15 years...see the way players form unions, fight for contracts, grades, protect their own endorsements, even theaten to quit playing etc for money, these so called "patriots" with flags waving...how many would have played cricket for honor and pride alone ? No ONE. End of the day itz jus bijnes