Why is nobody questioning our batting coach Sanjay Bangar?

SecondSlip

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yea u can find his 100 in Aus n SL 

here u go

Then 

0uUPzgi.png

Now

h8sgxPI.png

See the diff , specially the angle of bat

i dnt see that happening, he has stuck a bad patch and things dnt go right easily when someone gets stuck in it

Here the stance in "Now" is more open. Clear proof in frames.  The angle of bat is bound to be like that given a open stance as elbow has to be aligned with the foot.  Otherwise it is a big  mess to have elbows positioned differently.

But such adjustment like open stance are done by players themselves.  Miandad was fine example with a very open stance which worked for him. If coach has done that and player is facing issues and speaks with coach that he wants to revert then I doubt someone like Bangar will be strict about it.

Edited by Straight Drive
28 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Hope it's not tough to find Rahul's batting videos before 2015 as he played just few matches before Bangar took over.  Will watch it some other day.

He needs some good scores this series, else he is a goner. Else lucky to play 32 tests for India with batting average of 37. Major teams  cannot accomdate low average batsmen like Rahul and Rohit. 

I think Rahul should be dropped on current form, but it should be noted that apart from the fab 5-6 era (Sehwag, Gambhir, SRT, Dravid, Ganguly, Lax), we have always had in our cricketing history at least 1-2 batsmen in the top 6 who avg below 40. We seem to be returning to that era again. Reminds me of the early 90s lineup with players like Sanju Manju

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think Rahul should be dropped on current form, but it should be noted that apart from the fab 5-6 era (Sehwag, Gambhir, SRT, Dravid, Ganguly, Lax), we have always had in our cricketing history at least 1-2 batsmen in the top 6 who avg below 40. We seem to be returning to that era again. Reminds me of the early 90s lineup with players like Sanju Manju

The Fab 4 are a huge miss. Lucky we at least got Virat Kohli who is proper replacement of that quality. 

Even with Sunny we had Ashok Mankad, Salim Durani, Dilip Sardesai and Ajit Wadekar. 

Vishy and Vengsarkar were wonderful , but then apart from them and Sunny the cup board was bare.

Good we play lots of A tours since last couple of years. Should look for players from those squads.

Edited by Straight Drive
47 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

The Fab 4 are a huge miss. Lucky we at least got Virat Kohli who is proper replacement of that quality. 

Even with Sunny we had Ashok Mankad, Salim Durani, Dilip Sardesai and Ajit Wadekar. 

Vishy and Vengsarkar were wonderful , but then apart from them and Sunny the cup board was bare.

Good we play lots of A tours since last couple of years. Should look for players from those squads.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

47 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

We cannot compare current era with Sunny & Sachin eras. Sunny era was one in which there were only a hand ful of domestic players to select from. During  Sachin era it changed a lot with cricket getting to even remote villages and BCCI  becoming such an

strong governing body in every sense. Currently, it has to be the pinnacle with  manifold quality domestic  players to select from when compared to that of Sunny era. Yet instead of batting unit  getting much stronger  from Sachin era, it has degraded much worser. All credit to moron Sastri,Prasad & CO. 

Edited by rtmohanlal
57 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Ind in the 70s had 3 good batsmen - Sunny and Vishy. It was better in the 80s - Sunny (to a lesser degree), Amarnath (the outside India beast) and Vengsarkar. Our current lineup outside SC, IMO, is akin to the 90s.