Am I a cricket illiterate?

I don't consider myself as one, not an expert, but I believe I know a thing or two about pitches and batting, but listening to the commentary today surely made me feel like one - all the commentary during the match was focussed on the Aussie batsmen coming back to form. Yes, they scored runs but it wasn't as if they were failing and the batsmen from the other teams were knocking down centuries. The pitches in general were not conducive to batting and this was a perfect batting wicket to have a knock on first up. I am sure India would have scored 275 or thereabouts if they had won the toss. Why weren't the commentators talking about these important situational differences? Or am I missing something.

I don't consider myself as one, not an expert, but I believe I know a thing or two about pitches and batting, but listening to the commentary today surely made me feel like one - all the commentary during the match was focussed on the Aussie batsmen coming back to form. Yes, they scored runs but it wasn't as if they were failing and the batsmen from the other teams were knocking down centuries. The pitches in general were not conducive to batting and this was a perfect batting wicket to have a knock on first up. I am sure India would have scored 275 or thereabouts if they had won the toss. Why weren't the commentators talking about these important situational differences? Or am I missing something.
Most biased comment I have ever heard ..one of the admins of this site > you should be focusing on making our guests comfortable But again, I was 3 mins into the match and I turned my TV to mute :sad_smile:

teams have been losing top order wickets quickly, sometimes due to pitch and sometimes due to poor shots. Today would have been same, Australia particularly hayden tried hitting is way back to form, he succeeded. Australia could easily have been 80 for 3. One other thing, there has not been much swing today.

Aussies werent used to this kinda drought for this long. So in some sense, this series has been a shocker for a lot of their fans. Even on difficult wickets these blokes are capable of making 250. But because they are so used to explosive starts, they failed to respect the conditions and their opponent bowlers & paid the price. The conditions at SCG today, did help them for sure, but i also think they made a conscious effort to not lose a wicket after Gilly's dismissal. The run rate progression from the 10th to 25th (92 to 150 in 15 overs) & between 30th & 40th overs is proof of the same.

Biased commentary ? What do you expect ? You think a commentary team of Gavaskar' date=' Harsha Bhogle & Ravi Shastri is any neutral ? There is simply no unbiased commentary team, unless we are talking neutral commentators.[/quote'] Comparing Ravi Shastry's commentary to these idiots commentating today is like comparing sunlight to tubelight Ravi has set a high standard of commentary while Ian Healy should be sued for causing pain to the audience
Biased commentary ? What do you expect ? You think a commentary team of Gavaskar' date=' Harsha Bhogle & Ravi Shastri is any neutral ? There is simply no unbiased commentary team, unless we are talking neutral commentators.[/quote'] Seriously, I don't get the argument of "healy is biased, slater is this and that".... They are ex-cricketers, so they have all the right of not speaking ill about their country. There is no such thing as bias, because these commentators are meant to be heard by Aussie's (i.e Channel 9 commentators are heard mostly meant for Aus TV sets; whereas Ravi, Sunny, Harsha's comments are meant to be heard on Indian TV Sets (Star sports))
Comparing Ravi Shastry's commentary to these idiots commentating today is like comparing sunlight to tubelight Ravi has set a high standard of commentary while Ian Healy should be sued for causing pain to the audience
For every Ravi Shastri there is an Ian Chappell (whom i dont reckon is biased). Pretty much 90% of the commentators are biased. Why wouldnt they ?
Seriously' date=' I don't get the argument of "healy is biased, slater is this and that".... They are ex-cricketers, so they have all the right of not speaking ill about their country. There is no such thing as bias, because these commentators are meant to be heard by Aussie's (i.e Channel 9 commentators are heard mostly meant for Aus TV sets; whereas Ravi, Sunny, Harsha's comments are meant to be heard on Indian TV Sets (Star sports))[/quote'] what nonsense- everyone knows the game is global now ; by your example we should have every umpire, referee and judge have the right not to think "ill" about their country This excuse of nationalism and patriotism is unacceptable in this global world anymore in a professional field; by that token why should Dean Jones be blamed for calling someone "terrorist"- after all he is an ex-cricketer and the Indian ex-cricketers should be able to say Ponting is a sissy whiney crybaby in TV.
You kind of get used to this kind of OTT gloating if you watch Channel 9 every season. Mind you the Aussies deserve a fair bit of that though' date=' they have been a top team but the Channel 9 commies get paid to go OTT.[/quote'] Do they, it means the whole family is farked'