Tendulkar's batting exploits while chasing a big total in 2nd Inn

fineleg

Tendulkar's second innings/chasing performance the last 4 years:
filtered 	2004-2008 	47 	1480 	141 	33.63 	1 	19 	3/28 	40.63 	0 	17 	0 	

1 hundred, 33.63 average in 47 matches. Mediocre at best especially when compared to his overall career performance.

Thanks, this is a superset of the question I was asking predator above. High chases and SRT opening in the last few years...how has been the perf?

fineleg, most would have accepted gleefully that an Indian bat who's record, they thought was tripe, in 275+ run chases is actually quite good. But even after your assertion was destroyed, you continue to harp on and on about god knows what. Hell, after all this your praying for an injury to SRT is starting to look more and more an act borne out of pure bias against the man than a silly act of impulse.

Finey, making such claims are fine, its your opinion, but for it to be debate worthy, you need to substantiate your arguments with some facts. Otherwise, you just end up sounding too dramatic & the thread deteriorates to an exchange of rhetorics. Next time, research your claims a bit & support them with stats.

Thanks, this is a superset of the question I was asking predator above. High chases and SRT opening in the last few years...how has been the perf?
Donno about high chases. Overall he does better as an opener than as a non-opener and of late he is doing worse while chasing than when we are batting first.
U folks wont do anything but blindly celebrate Tendulkar. Look at the win list, demonstrative of how decisively he takes us to victory: There is ONE match in 2007 when SRT scored 94 (that too against England one of the worst ODI side that routinely got humiliated by NZ as well now). There is ONE century 8 years ago!!! in 2000, and a 95 in 2006.
there are so many more.. forgot the tri series against sa in ireland?
predator, who said he did not score 16000 runs - you are confusing srt of the old, with srt of the present.
bull **** alert... SRT was the second highest scorer amongst all players amongst all nations in 2007. he was second only to matthew hayden (who had a spectacular world cup)... dee dee dee...
It wasn't abuse, it was an observation. :D It's like when you are walking around and you spot a dog taking a p iss on the sidewalk as cars race past him at 90 mph. You nudge your friend next to you and say, "Hey, that right there is one stupid f ucking dog !!". Observation, not abuse.
Just coz ur a long timer and many folks like u, ur confident Mods wont take any action if I report u, is it?
So what do you make of this bullsh it now ? When we chase these big scorez atleast, Tendulkar shud not open...he plain strugglez and suckz when he openz during big chases!!!" Do you still believe it ?
Predz' date=' pls take it easy man. Cut out the abuse.[/quote'] Since despite requesting Predz to cut the personal abuse, he is happy to joke and swat it away as nothing, I am officially reporting this to Mods. This does not fall under the 'petty namecalling' rules that shwetabh and bumper posted earlier. This is serious namecalling and i'm reporting this. Lets see if Mods can be fair despite Preds being a Forum Heavyweight and take action. post reported using forum guidelines and policy

@Gambit: No particular bias against Tendulkar. The criticism was only because he was falling short of what he is expected to deliver. Other than that, there is no bias, and as I've stated before I do like Tendulkar (have liked him in the past, and like him even now....he is a much much much different case than Ganguly who has personality issues, cunning tactics issues against own players etc - thats another topic, not gonna debate that here). Does not mean, he is beyond criticism however. In Tendulkar's case, the criticism is solely based on performing or not. As a person, he is a great guy afaik.

Fineleg , quit being an attention seeker , willya ! And you wonder why there is a moniker called Whineleg ? His record when chasing is remarkable. Like Gambit already mentioned, he has 16 50+ scores chasing totals over 275+. And chew this , cricinfo stats tells me that his chasing record is Out of 216 innings he has aggregated 7701 at a healthy average 42.42 and yes 13 out of 15 times, when Sachin scores a century ,India has actually won !

^ ah, do u think heavyweight preds cannot be 'touched' by mods? perhaps he thinks the same, some kinda special immunity to such heavyweights? we'll see. i trust the mods to be unbiased in making decisions based on the reported abuse, and handing out infractions.
I was laughing not because "do u think heavyweight preds blah blah boolsheet" I was laughing at the way you changed the topic from one to another. Your last rant was how people dont realize that sachin of old is nowhere near the current sachin. Just proved you wrong there too..you had nothing to say so you started whining. Pred's been using the same language to you since the past month, before which he wasn't very active. You conveniently whine about it now...:cantstop: hence the :haha:
@Gambit: No particular bias against Tendulkar. The criticism was only because he was falling short of what he is expected to deliver. Other than that' date=' there is no bias, and as I've stated before I do like Tendulkar (have liked him in the past, and like him even now....he is a [b']much much much different case than Ganguly who has personality issues, cunning tactics issues against own players etc - thats another topic, not gonna debate that here). Does not mean, he is beyond criticism however. In Tendulkar's case, the criticism is solely based on performing or not. As a person, he is a great guy afaik.
Seriously man there is really no one who can replace Sachin Tendulkar at the moment, sure there are young guys but they are just not as good as Sachin. I bet you that India will find it very hard to win an ODI or even an Test Match without Sachin, just take him out and see that for yourself. By the way, Tendulkar nicely blasted 63 against the lankans while CHASING. Good going Tendulkar...shut these critics up in the upcoming finals. Just like you did during the England tour and the Test series that just passed in Australia with an average of 80!!

holy, This is abt Tendu while chasing big scores (yes, and not 8 years ago, but recently) and that is still the point of contention. Regarding predz - yes, he did use name calling a while back, and even then I reported it. He has done it now, and i have reported it again. If you use such foul language, either you will get it back in same kind (which i dont prefer in most cases), or else i'll report it. In this case, I asked predz to stop and he made a joke out of it, so had to report the abuse.