The Official Mumbai Indians Supporters Thread !!!

SachDan

this video is the crappiest one that i have seen...it looks like a hrithik movie song. cmon where is the connection to cricket...it looks like a inspiring (failed attempt though) song for indians (NOT MUMBAI INDIANS) which doesnt sound very good having no clue to the purpose it was made.atleast it could have been shot at wankhede stadium with posters of players or a stadium full of crowd singing with hrithik..

Tendulkar doubftul for Mumbai's opening match Sachin Tendulkar has said he was not yet fully recovered from his groin injury, leaving him a doubtful starter for the Mumbai Indians' opening IPL match on April 20. More... Indian Premier League Tendulkar doubftul for Mumbai's opening match Cricinfo staff April 17, 2008 343895.jpg Sachin Tendulkar: a doubtful starter for Mumbai's opening game on April 20 © Getty Images Sachin Tendulkar has said he was not yet fully recovered from his groin injury, leaving him a doubtful starter for the Mumbai Indians' opening IPL match on April 20. With just three days left for the IPL to begin, Tendulkar said he was still following a rehabilitation regime and was not 100% fit yet. "I am a little disappointed that I was not able to play in the two important matches against South Africa. I am yet to recover fully from the injury," he told reporters. "The physiotherapist and the doctor had earlier advised me rest and now they have given me the exercises and I am following their advice." The Bangalore franchise have also been hit with a few injury concerns, with Anil Kumble set to miss the opening match on April 18. Nathan Bracken, the Australian left-arm seamer, has already been ruled out for at least four weeks and it would make the selection of the final XI a tricky process. Bangalore's opponents for the first match of the IPL - Kolkata Knight Riders - have announced a 14-member squad for the opening match. The side, led by Sourav Ganguly, includes five foreign players - Ricky Ponting, David Hussey Brendon McCullum, Chris Gayle and Mohammad Hafeez. The second match of the tournament features Chennai taking on Punjab in Mohali. Yuvraj Singh, the captain of the Punjab side, has already spoken of the mini-battle that the contest is likely to throw up between him and Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the captain of the Chennai franchise. "It's a good way to build the hype (around the competition) by pitching it as Yuvraj versus Dhoni contest," Yuvraj said. "Maybe, I will share a joke with him after the game." Kolkata squad Sourav Ganguly (capt.), Ricky Ponting, Brendon McCullum (wk), Chris Gayle, David Hussey, Mohd. Hafiz, Laxmi Ratan Shukla, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Ajit Agarkar, Ashok Dinda, Ishant Sharma, Murali Kartik, Debabrata Das and Syed Iqbal Abdullah.

If not Sachin, then who? Amol Karhadkar, Hindustan Times Mumbai, April 17, 2008 First Published: 00:08 IST(17/4/2008) Last Updated: 00:47 IST(17/4/2008) The Mumbai team - owned by Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries Limited - are set to open their Indian Premier League campaign against the Rahul Dravid-led Bangalore outfit at the Wankhede Stadium on Sunday. However, as the squad met Ambani at his residence in what was the first official team dinner with the chairman on Wednesday night, a big question loomed large: With skipper Sachin Tendulkar almost certain to miss the opening game due to injury, who would lead the team on Sunday? Apart from Tendulkar, Mumbai have three more former international captains in Sanath Jayasuriya, Shaun Pollock and Ashwell Prince. So, when the question was put to Pollock and Jayasuriya during a promotional event, Pollock smiled and said, "I bet it will be Sanath." Jayasuriya shot back, "It will be Shaun." On a more serious note, Pollock preferred a local player to lead the team in Tendulkar's absence. "The job of leading the team in a T20 game is very stressful," said Pollock. "If he (Tendulkar) misses out on the opening matches, I guess it would be better if a local guy takes over as captain in the initial stages since he would know all the players. If the situation arises, probably one of us can take over in the later stages." Apart from the overseas players, Mumbai have only four players who have represented India - Tendulkar, Harbhajan Singh, Robin Uthappa and Ashish Nehra. Nehra is on a comeback trail following a spate of injuries, Uthappa is too young to lead a side while Harbhajan has never led his state side Punjab. In this situation, the baton of captaincy will be passed to either Pollock or Jayasuriya. But Uthappa was game if the opportunity came his way. "It would be an honour," said Uthappa, sporting a new and weird haircut that he attributed to a "jungle ride". "To lead a team which has such great players would indeed be an honour." Pollock said, "We are settling in on a lot of issues and by Sunday, everything would be in order." ------------------------------------------------ Can Harbhajan do the captaincy? Otherwise I just cannot imagine of any local guy in the team who can take charges in the absence of Sachin!

No decision has been taken as yet: Sachin PTI 8708610C.jpgMUMBAI, April 17: Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday brushed aside reports saying he was doubtful for the opening Mumbai Indians IPL tie against Bangalore Royal Challengers on Sunday. He said there were two more days left for him to get into shape to lead his team at the Wankhede Stadium. "I am following the fitness regime given to me by the physio. There are two more days for the match. No decision has been taken as yet (whether he will play or not). It will be decided before the 20th," said the champion batsman at the team launch. Tendulkar has not played any competitive cricket since being ruled out of the last two Test matches against South Africa after aggravating an old groin injury. He could not take part in the Olympic Torch relay event in New Delhi for the same reason. Team coach Lalchand Rajput announced that off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has been appointed vice-captain of the team. Also present at the official launch of the squad was guest of honour Sunil Gavaskar and Nita Ambani, wife of industrialist Mukesh Ambani, the franchise owner of the team. Tendulkar said surprise was the key element in Twenty20 matches. "The key factor in Twenty20 (matches) is introduction of surprise element and we will have quite a few of these planned (for our rivals)," he said. The 27 players, barring the absent Lasith Malinga and Loots Bosman, and support staff, were felicitated and given symbolic Ganesh idols by Smt. Nita Ambani, while Shri Ramakant Achrekar, described as the Dronacharya of Indian cricket, applied a "tilak" mixed with mud from Tendulkar's nursery Shivaji Park ground in Dadar. Tendulkar turned nostalgic and said he could never forget Shivaji Park and the way he had been taken around the ground and other places on a scooter by boyhood mentor Ramakant Achrekar. Achrekar was especially present on the occasion to apply tilak on the forehead of all Mumbai Indians players. "I have grown up in that area and can never forget those days. I used to be taken around by Sir (Achrekar) on his scooter for playing matches. I would not have reached where I am without those happenings," he said. Tendulkar, who skipped last year's World Twenty20 Championship won by India, said he had limited experience of playing the shortest form of the game when representing Mumbai last year in domestic cricket. "I have played a few Twenty20 games for Mumbai last year and I enjoyed it. It's a great challenge and I am looking forward to it," he said. "Shaun (Pollock) has already started giving tips to the young fast bowlers of our team. I am not sure how the wickets and conditions will be as the matches would start at 8 pm. I don't know how much dew will be there. We will have a few practice sessions to see how the conditions are," he added. More News : http://themumbaiindians.com/clubnews_art5.html More Pics : http://themumbaiindians.com/events.html

Guest Hiten.
Maharastrian style?? hmm did bal thackrey distribute rifles to all the players??? and a special AK 47 FOR the master Tendulkar??
Delhi Daredevils were given condoms when they were felicitated. Why you ask? Because now that they are delhi-ites they might be in the mood to rape :D

Delhi Daredevils were given condoms when they were felicitated. Why you ask? Because now that they are delhi-ites they might be in the mood to rape :D
condom is for mumbai's safety only... when they get ****ed by delhi then they dont have to worry :haha: