India request match referee to speak to Australians

beetle

"Well bowled, champ" to Sharma before the rookie mouthed off and pointed towards the pavilion, apparently misinterpreting the gesture. It was then that Symonds fired back with his own unpleasantries.
Whether he tells the truth or not about him complimenting Ishant, he seems to have spilled the beans again, by admitting that he abused Ishant. Why shouldn't he be charged for offensive language?
Guest HariSampath

I am inclined to believe Symonds that he said "well bowled champ"...whether or not sarcastically , as he had taken Indian bowlers to the cleaners for a while, but definitely no reason for Ishant to have reacted like that, and it is not necessary for a fast bowler to point to the pavillion, to be aggressive.. I think pointing to the pavilion is justified if the batter in question had been dropped, given notout , doesnt walk etc earlier in the inngs..in that case a bowler and close fielders will naturally give directions to the pavillion and sometimes advice on how to take a hot shower, but in this case Ishant probably did not undesrand Symond's words/intent or his accent. Indian cricketers as a rule take some time to get used to English communication in non Asian countries.

What I find funny is' date=' despite all the anger he has caused Indians, you guys are still beinding over backwards to throw money at him!! :haha::hysterical::haha:[/quote'] Why is that so funny? Regardless of what we think of him as a person, he is still a damn fine player, and the Indians realise that. Also, it could be asked, if Symonds has so much of a problem with the Indians, why is he going and playing in their domestic league? So the same thing can be asked both ways. India still respect Symonds as a player, and I don't think anyone on this forum has criticised him as a player. We just don't like the person.