I can safely say, all the ghosts have been finally exorcised

Ram

Santh Jayasuriya, against India from Jan 1, 1996 to 31st Dec 2004. - 38 matches, 1731 runs at an average of 50 , with 5 100s and 10 50s. Sanath Jayasuriya against India in the last 3 years - 18 matches, just 358 runs, at an average of 25 with only 2 50s. I spent my entire teenage having nightmares of this man hitting the Indian bowlers so hard, that the balls sometimes had apogees resembling satellites. Nowadays, I have been getting sweet dreams of him being beaten by pace and bounce and walking gingerly back to the dressing room. Justice, as they say, has finally been done. Adios Sanath ! :finger:

Santh Jayasuriya' date=' against India from Jan 1, 1996 to 31st Dec 2004. - [b']38 matches, 1731 runs at an average of 50 , with 5 100s and 10 50s. Sanath Jayasuriya against India in the last 3 years - 18 matches, just 358 runs, at an average of 25 with only 2 50s. I spent my entire teenage having nightmares of this man hitting the Indian bowlers so hard, that the balls sometimes had apogees resembling satellites. Nowadays, I have been getting sweet dreams of him being beaten by pace and bounce and walking gingerly back to the dressing room. Justice, as they say, has finally been done. Adios Sanath ! :finger:
seriously man...this guy was a beast back then...every1 was scared of him.. good we have kept him quiet
Santh Jayasuriya' date=' against India from Jan 1, 1996 to 31st Dec 2004. - [b']38 matches, 1731 runs at an average of 50 , with 5 100s and 10 50s. Sanath Jayasuriya against India in the last 3 years - 18 matches, just 358 runs, at an average of 25 with only 2 50s. I spent my entire teenage having nightmares of this man hitting the Indian bowlers so hard, that the balls sometimes had apogees resembling satellites. Nowadays, I have been getting sweet dreams of him being beaten by pace and bounce and walking gingerly back to the dressing room. Justice, as they say, has finally been done. Adios Sanath ! :finger:
he way deadly in the 96 world cup eeeeh that reminds me of the semi final when we got both the openers out cheaply and still lost the game :nervous::nervous::nervous:

The Ghost has come back to haunt me again! Of all teams, he chose CSK to show his pyrotechnics! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I hate Sanath Jayasuriya! I really do!! I wish I could murder somebody now!! :mad:

Simmering Jayasuriya finally boils over Sachin Tendulkar's return from injury was the biggest draw in the build-up to the clash between Mumbai and Chennai. He was expected to bring further luck to a team that had strung together a hat-trick of wins after enduring four straight losses and his partnership with Sanath Jayasuriya at the top of the Mumbai Indians' batting line-up was a much awaited spectacle. However, he was completely overshadowed by his partner Jayasuriya, whose scything blade cut Chennai down swiftly. Jayasuriya has had a quiet tournament, getting off to starts but failing to carry on. His seven innings preceding the blitz against Mumbai read 29, 20, 1, 18, 18, 34 and 18. The 34 against Delhi's Glenn McGrath and Mohammad Asif was filled with intent but he disappointed. You could see him walking back each time with discontent writ large across his face because he knew he hadn't even got started yet . Today Jayasuriya cut loose and the effect of his approach was devastating. Mahendra Singh Dhoni strove to curtail his progress but he might as well have just admired the spectacle unfolding in front of him.

313190.jpg

Jayasuriya had already shut Chennai out by the end of the Powerplays for Mumbai had scored 78 after six overs. He caused severe damage with the short-arm jab, both over point and square leg, and scored majority of his runs behind square: 33 on the leg-side and 31 on the off. He struck as many as 11 sixes and won his duels with every bowler. Even Muttiah Muralitharan, Sri Lankan team-mate and long-time friend, caused no problems for Jayasuriya. When Dhoni, desperate for a wicket, placed two slips for Murali who was spinning the ball across the left-hander, Jayasuriya chose to hit the ball towards the gaps on the leg-side. He even attempted to reverse-sweep Murali, twice. Chennai's medium-pacers, on the other hand, allowed Jayasuriya to settle by feeding him in his favourite areas - short and wide outside off, or full on his pads. Dhoni admitted that the inconsistent lines and lengths had proved extremely costly. "They either bowled too full or too wide and against a batsman like Sanath if you do that you will get badly hit", Dhoni said. For batsmen like Jayasuriya, the hunger to succeed comes from the occasion. Mumbai needed to keep their momentum going into a crucial match against Kolkata on Friday, a game that is vital to their semi-final aspirations. Pollock was the inspiration behind their hat-trick of wins, and today it was Jayasuriya's turn.

© Cricinfo