Back foot cutting the side crease line - No ball

fineleg

Havent heard that rule before...but apparently it is a NO BALL. Virat Kohli is doing this almost every ball!? Umpire (in today's match) does not know that rule apparently, so he is letting it go. But pretty much every ball V. Kohli is doing that. Hope someone asks him to correct that. It will be bad if he finds this out as a surprise during the final if we get there, and he suddenly has to correct that action!

Actually looks like this is staple action of V. Kohli. He does this like 3 or 4 balls every over. So, even if SOME umpire had caught this in SOME match, I'm sure V. Kohli would have tried to correct it. Seems like Kohli does not know this, nor does any umpire!?? Coz there will be many no balls already.

Jason Gillespie dismissed SRT off such a no-ball in the second innings of the Chennai Test in 2000-01. Tendulkar's dismissal started the collapse (101/2 to 135/7) and could well have cost India the series.
Interestingly, I thought Gillespie did that to SRT in the Kolkotta test second innings.am not sure whether it was at chennai, though the ball is still fresh in my memory because i was shouting myself hoarse that it was a no ball. another bowler whom i had watched bowling that way is Sohail Tanvir of pak. i thought the umpires were blind not to call it as no ball. i also distinctly remember Pat Symcox bowling like that many times in one dayers creating bigger angle for his off spinners against the indians.
i also distinctly remember Pat Symcox bowling like that many times in one dayers creating bigger angle for his off spinners against the indians.
Same with Powar against SA in Ireland too. The commentators were talking about as though it was the end of the world. I think those types of "no balls" should be legal anyway. Bowlers need to use the crease more liberally, imo
interestingly Kohlis "heel" is up in the air, and technically that is not no ball. but many balls are close to the heel touching the ground, but bit up in the air - Interesting action!!!
he does know about the rule.. itz just that umpirez are silly enough not to call.. and Virat was smart enough to continue to make them look fool.