Bangladesh v SA, 2nd Test, Chittagong, 2008

Feed

as soon as someone reaches 200 mark, it alwayz feel like that this guy might just end up breaking lara's record... the game of that certain player seemz to be so solid that it makez u think so. now Graeme Smith who has been out of form off late, seem to have found the rite way of scoring runz against bangla.. is not out on 223.. long way to go to break laraz record, but i feel he might just break it tomorrow. what say?
I think Smith's got a great chance to go past 400. He has put together huge scores in the past..but he has to concentrate very hard in a hot/humid Chitagong for the second successive day. Tough task indeed! I feel he will lose his concentration before the big milestone.
even if he scores 500 I dont think he will ever match the class of Lara. Lara scored against Eng where as Hayden scored his tripple ton against Zim ' date=' Smith against Bangers (if he gets there)[/quote'] Oh please. Scoring 380 is an incredible achievement no matter how the crappy the opposition may be. Mammoth scores like these don't come easy. Good luck to Smiff. The heat isn't as bad in Chittagong right now, so he won't have to battle against dehydration or anything like that. If he gets going in the first hour and manages to survive, it will be his for the taking...

This is definitely once in a lifetime chance for Smith to go for the record. At the least, I would expect him to score a triple ton. If we are going to have two-bit attacks like Bangladesh's, along with flat and lifeless tracks, its no wonder so many batsman have such inflated averages, but are otherwise downright boring and uninteresting to watch.

yeah .. i am surprised the curator didnt offer them a fair track ... they fought very well in the first test with a fair track ...their batting isnt good enough ... good track or not ... but their bowling will often do decently when there is something in it for them

I'm more interested in seeing whether JHK can get that long-awaited double ton.
even if he does ... i doubt it will rate ... besides lets if Mac and Smiffy even let em have a crack ... evidently there was the grand total of one chance yday ... doesnt augur well for Bangla

Proteas declare on 583 South Africa's Proteas have declared their first innings on the second day in their final Test against Bangladesh. More... Proteas declare on 583 March 01 2008 at 12:50PM South Africa have declared their first innings on 583 for seven just after tea on the second day of the second and final test against Bangladesh in Chittagong on Saturday. Score: South Africa 583-7 (G. Smith 232, N. McKenzie 226, S. Hossain 3-107 ) v Bangladesh.

Nafees leads Bangladesh reply Bangladesh are hitting back against South Africa's record-studded score of 583 for seven declared o the third day of their second Test. More... Nafees leads Bangladesh reply March 02 2008 at 09:45AM Chittagong, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's Shahriar Nafees hit an unbeaten fifty to lead the home side to 169 for four at lunch on the third day of the second test against South Africa on Sunday. Bangladesh are replying to South Africa's record-studded score of 583 for seven declared. Nafees (61) and Aftab Ahmed (21) were unbeaten at the interval. Resuming on their overnight score of 60 for three, opener Nafees and nightwatchman Abdur Razzak added 58 runs before Razzak was caught by Ashwell Prince at point off Robin Peterson for 33. Nafees hit 10 boundaries but South Africa remained in a strong position to complete a 2-0 victory in the series.

Scoreboard: Bangladesh v South Africa day 3 Scoreboard at the close of play on the third day of the second and final test between South Africa and Bangladesh. More... Scoreboard: Bangladesh v South Africa day 3 March 02 2008 at 02:03PM Scoreboard at the close of play on the third day of the second and final test between South Africa and Bangladesh at the Birshresta Ruhul Amin Stadium in Chittagong on Sunday. South Africa first innings (583-7 dec) Bangladesh first innings T.Iqbal c de Villiers b Steyn 14 Z.Siddique c Boucher b Steyn 18 S.Nafees c Smith b Steyn 69 M.Ashraful c Boucher b Steyn 0 A.Razzak c Prince b Peterson 33 A.Ahmed retired hurt 21 S.Al Hasan c Boucher b Ntini 40 M.Rahim c Boucher b Ntini 15 M.Rafique c Smith b Ntini 10 M.Mortaza c Boucher b Ntini 1 S.Hossain not out 13 Extras (lb-11, w-1 nb-13) 25 Total (all out, 70.4 overs) 259 Fall: 1-39 2-49 3-49 4-118 5-176 6-232 7-241 8-246 9-259 Bowling: Steyn 22-8-66-4 (5nb), Ntini 13.4-3-35-4, Morkel 13-0-71-0 (8nb), Peterson 16-2-61-1, Kallis 6-1-15-0 (1w) Bangladesh second innings T.Iqbal c Steyn b Peterson 9 Z.Siddique c Boucher b Steyn 0 S.Nafees c Kallis b Peterson 31 M.Ashraful c Boucher b Steyn 4 S.Al Hasan c McKenzie b Steyn 2 M.Rahim not out 4 A.Razzak not out 0 Extras (b-2 nb-2) 4 Total (five wickets, 25.3 overs) 54 Fall of wickets: 1-0 2-44 3-45 4-49 5-54 To bat: M.Mortaza, A.Ahmed, S.Hossain, M.Rafique, Bowling: Ntini 5-3-10-0, Steyn 4.3-2-4-3, Morkel 4-1-17-0 (2nb), Kallis 6-3-13-0, Peterson 6-0-8-2 South Africa lead series 1-0 Compiled by Nizam Ahmed; Editing by Patrick Johnston