Sachin's 42nd hundred celebration!

Sachin's batting, apart from the century innings, has hardly been anything worth bragging about. Even with the unbeaten century he is averaging under 40. Take away his century and his average in the series falls under 30, close to early 20s really. There is no point in suggesting as if Sachin is scoring at a super high average or anything.
Take away Tendulkar's century??? That is a hilarious comment Lurker. You take away that century and India would have struggled to go past 200.
Sachin's batting, apart from the century innings, has hardly been anything worth bragging about. Even with the unbeaten century he is averaging under 40. Take away his century and his average in the series falls under 30, close to early 20s really. There is no point in suggesting as if Sachin is scoring at a super high average or anything.
Take away his ton:hysterical::hysterical:What a crazy post:hysterical::hysterical: Why not take away all his 42 tons while you are in the process of calculating his carrer average:hysterical:
Guest HariSampath

I completely agree with Lurks. I do know that Sachin played a matchwinning 100 yesterday , but that doesnt erase the fact he took 17 years to score a ODI 100 in Aus, and also that his ODI record against some countries like Aus, SA, NZ etc is pretty ordinary when playing there. It is a well known fact that Sachin fails in crucial games and no records are necessary to prove this. Just visualise any crucial game and India chasing 280 odd , MOST fans at their homes in front of TV will be saying " Oh no, noway Sachin is scoring today"...fans have almost taken it for granted that Sachin doesnt click in big run chases, doesnt click in very crucial games. The fact he does exceptionally well in other situations is to be appreciated of course, but when we talk of Sachin we dont talk like we do of other very good int'l players, we apply standards consistent for "world greats" and hence this higher expectation. This was a superb hundred and in a crucial final game, and yes it reflects Sachin's skills more accurately, but the fact remains it has taken long time in coming.

Guest HariSampath

I am in fact hoping we get to bat first tomorrow, and Sachin gets a big 100 , and it will be a repeat of "desert storm"...in fact I would bet on it

It is a well known fact that Sachin fails in crucial games and no records are necessary to prove this.
This isn't fact, this is pure myth. Sachin has one of the best records for a batsman in ODI crunch matches- finals, world cups and series-decieders.
Allright' date=' i will put my hand up. Someone serve me a full plate of humble pie please.[/quote'] All credit to you CC for admitting you were wrong. Preds has also gracefully admitted this as well. Lurker stop tisi rubbish and eat the humble pie or you will continue to have egg on your face. Same goes for you finey. Lets just all salute an indian legend and an indian genius. The greatest cricketing warrior we have ever had
I completely agree with Lurks. I do know that Sachin played a matchwinning 100 yesterday , but that doesnt erase the fact he took 17 years to score a ODI 100 in Aus, and also that his ODI record against some countries like Aus, SA, NZ etc is pretty ordinary when playing there. It is a well known fact that Sachin fails in crucial games and no records are necessary to prove this. Just visualise any crucial game and India chasing 280 odd , MOST fans at their homes in front of TV will be saying " Oh no, noway Sachin is scoring today"...fans have almost taken it for granted that Sachin doesnt click in big run chases, doesnt click in very crucial games. The fact he does exceptionally well in other situations is to be appreciated of course, but when we talk of Sachin we dont talk like we do of other very good int'l players, we apply standards consistent for "world greats" and hence this higher expectation. This was a superb hundred and in a crucial final game, and yes it reflects Sachin's skills more accurately, but the fact remains it has taken long time in coming.
you are nuts
All credit to you CC for admitting you were wrong. Preds has also gracefully admitted this as well. Lurker stop tisi rubbish and eat the humble pie or you will continue to have egg on your face. Same goes for you finey. Lets just all salute an indian legend and an indian genius. The greatest cricketing warrior we have ever had
egg on ur face too for not accepting Rohit as the real Deal player initially
^ How many times do any of his 42 100s figure in 270+ run chases overseas
Better question is, how many batsmen have multiple 100s in 270+ run chases ANYWHERE, nevermind overseas. Your criticism of Tendulkar here, sorry to say, is utterly invalid.
The guy averages 55+ in ODI finals' date=' 55+ in WCs and 40 in CT and yet "facts" get bandied about with amazing regularity about his performance in "crunch" matches. WTF!:confused_smile::whatchutalkingabout[/quote'] Didn't you read what this guy wrote:
It is a well known fact that Sachin fails in crucial games and no records are necessary to prove this.
So obviously he is so sure of this myth that whatever stats you present, it'll not prove him wrong!!:confused_smile: