Harbhajan Singh appreciation thread

And you seem to have a special axe to grind against players from Karnataka especially Dravid and Kumble ! :finger: Goes to show your regional mentality . Fool ' date=' I never advocated Kumble for ODI player. I would rather that Piyush or Ramesh Powar be given more chance over this useless bowler . BTW, Do you even follow cricket ? Repeat after me, he is a mediocre bowler who succeeds once in a blue moon . Okay , that may be tad too harsh .He is an average ODI bowler at best and a mediocre test bowler. And his stats commiserates with my assessment.[/quote'] You are one thick twat..:finger:...btw..I grew up in Bangalore, still have a home in Bangalore...and have nothing against Dravid of Kumble....but you certainly are crying now...keep up the good work..:haha:

even, I dont get what is disgusting abt that..... I'm not Sikh, but man, I'm totally proud that he said that to the Aussie media. I equate Sikh to Indian. I believe regionalism (I'm not accusing anyone here) stems from insecurity of one's own roots.

and truly, can u really have regionalism in India? I'm Telugu, but born in madras, and studied each class in Bihar, UP, Orissa, Maharashtra and now Bangalore... Similarly there are many people whose "mother tongue" is different than the native language of the state they live in. I mean, this is why I love India. I dunno what team to support in IPL :(

You are one thick twat..:finger:...btw..I grew up in Bangalore' date=' still have a home in Bangalore...and have nothing against Dravid of Kumble....but you certainly are crying now...keep up the good work..:haha:[/quote'] STFU , moron ! :finger:I have no problem with Harbhy sledging Aussies hooligans like Symonds and Hayden . I have a problem with his mediocre bowling ! But , can't blame you ... probably forgot your medication... :hysterical:And please improve your reading comprehension skills .
:finger: idiot ........it is gurbani of the revered Sikh saint' date=' Guru Gobind Singh ji. so.he even quoted him. "Sawa lakh se ek ladaun, tabhi Gobind Singh naam kahaun [One Sikh is enough for 125,000 people']".
:finger: Moron! No need to bring religion in a cricket discussion . Goes to show your sick mentality . The great Gobind Singh quoted that to fight mongrel mughals who wanted to prosecute him . . No need to take his quote out of context for such trivial things .
STFU ' date=' moron ! :finger:I have no problem with Harbhy sledging Aussies hooligans like Symonds and Hayden . I have a problem with his mediocre bowling ! But , can't blame you ... probably forgot your medication... :hysterical:And please improve your reading comprehension skills .[/quote'] calm down old man....stop ur swearing....and behave like a normal person....I will not swear bcoz I know it is'nt brave to do it on the net...so plz stop being macho on website forums...:finger:
Moron! No need to bring religion in a cricket discussion . Goes to show your sick mentality . The great Gobind Singh quoted that to fight mongrel mughals who wanted to prosecute him . . No need to take his quote out of context for such trivial things .
I agree that religion should not be brought into the discussion...but to be fair to Harbhajan, he said he drew inspiration from it, he did not say he epitomised it....which is fair enough, as he was in a situation where he was being persecuted as well. So to draw an analogy with his own situation and draw inspiration from it is a fair enough thing to do. Back to cricket. Why do people think he is that bad a bowler? His bowling has not been great in the recent past because he has not been tossing it up much....bowling flatter (ODI style). However, he has shown hints of getting back to more flightier deliveries. Should he rediscover his flight, he could be a potent weapon again, as he was against the Aussies in 2001...seeing as he is on a high from this tour, we may see him come along with renewed confidence, effort and ability in the next. So, I don't think we should totally diss him for his bowling skills.

Harbhajan leaves Australia with parting swipe SYDNEY, March 6 (Reuters) - India spinner Harbhajan Singh left Australia with a parting swipe to his critics and opponents by saying he would not tone down his on-field behaviour. Harbhajan was at the centre of much controversy on India's tour of Australia, becoming embroiled in a racism row after allegedly calling Andrew Symonds a monkey. Australia's Matthew Hayden was reprimanded for describing Harbhajan as an "obnoxious weed" and the spinner was also reported to have made monkey gestures at the crowd during the first one-day final against Australia. "I don't really feel the pressure. I just take it the way things come and I try to stay very cool," Harbhajan was quoted as saying in Thursday's Sydney Morning Herald. "What people were saying about me...I am not here to make friends, and I can't play soft." Harbhajan said Hayden's comments had only inspired his team. "What made (Hayden) say all that -- he thinks he is becoming bigger than me and bigger than the game," he said. "I could have said a lot of things about him but I won't talk about these things in public, we have shown things on the field. more...

From the article above:

"The Australians love the sort of people who can compete with them," he said. "Australia has some sort of liking for me in them. "They boo me and say things at times but it didn't really bother me. "The more they will do it, the more I will keep on performing. "I love Australia and I can't wait to come back and play more good cricket."
What a character...and it is true, the aussies do respect those that can handle it and give it back to them... He loves Oz and wants to come back and play more...ha ha ha...this guy is irrepressible man...
From the article above: What a character...and it is true, the aussies do respect those that can handle it and give it back to them... He loves Oz and wants to come back and play more...ha ha ha...this guy is irrepressible man...
yes, surely he is a befitting cricketer to play in Australia. Otherwise, Australians will depress their opponents and win against them. Somewhere I read, A python first of all catches its prey and strangles it to death with bones crushed then it swallows it, be it a deer or a wild cow. Exactly, Australians will do that to their opponents.

That is what they used to do in the past. This time, they got crushed instead by their own tricks reflected. http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new/2008/03/05/1204402555749.html They got mentally disintegrated...here you have it...

Perhaps what offended Australia most was the image of its former self. Several times, Matthew Hayden spoke of how Harbhajan had crossed the line. It was an instructive remark, indicating that Australia had learned through years of experience how far it could go. It had learned how to honour the letter of the law, but only when it suited it, the spirit. The essence of Steve Waugh's "mental disintegration". India, Hayden implied, either had not learned the limits and how far it could push them, or chose wilfully not to observe them at all. It meant that as a series of spats ensued, each tawdrier than the last, Australia held the high moral ground, yet somehow failed to establish its superiority. And all the while, its cricket grew more ragged.

He has had the fight. Now he needs to rediscover the flight...in his deliveries. Blue moon goes with the blue jersey...white moon will come when cricket whites are donned on Indian pitches. They give him the long rope for the "Rope a dope" trick (not the Indian rope trick)...like a couple of Queensland gentlemen recently found out.