Piyush Chawla....anyone?

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.

Lots of credits has been given to the likes of tendulkar, rohit, bhajji. What about Piyush ? I mean his first match of the summer, of the CB series, in Australia, VS Australia and that too in a final ? I mean there has to be higher odds against him, given so many constraints. He came at the time when Hayden and Symo were ready to steal the limelight. Piyush bowled with calm composure and stuck to his basic. He surely seems to be pick of the bowler (i.e when we require spinners) in ODI's (for now). Well done lad :two_thumbs_up:

He is a genuine talent though I am still not convinced he has it in him to play an entire series or two at a stretch. He seems to be more like a stop gap arrangement for now which should be okay in the sense that he is young and with experience can only get better. I will like him to learn a few more classical leg spinner traits like flipper and big spinning leg break.For now he seems to overdo his googly(which is quite potent by the way)

He bowls far too quickly & hardly flights the ball. Its understandable why he did that yesterday, as he was bowling to well set aggressive stroke makers. But his job is to pick wickets & run thru the middle order, thats what he must look to do. He bowls too many wrong uns. I'd like to see him turn his leg breaks more. Overall he has the goods to become a good bowler.

Guest Hiten.
He is a genuine talent though I am still not convinced he has it in him to play an entire series or two at a stretch. He seems to be more like a stop gap arrangement for now which should be okay in the sense that he is young and with experience can only get better. I will like him to learn a few more classical leg spinner traits like flipper and big spinning leg break.For now he seems to overdo his googly(which is quite potent by the way)
Yep. Even I have been niggling on that issue for a while now. On an average, he bowl 3 googlies per over which is a lot. He has to bring varieties in his bowling as you mentioned. Ian Chappel was impressed by this lad, but he said Piyush bowled with a high arm action (i.e when Ian spotted Piyush first time). Ian said Piyush has improved his action, but it is yet a bit 'touch' high arm. All that being said, he is just 19. He will learn as time passes by.
He bowls far too quickly & hardly flights the ball. Its understandable why he did that yesterday' date=' as he was bowling to well set aggressive stroke makers. But his job is to pick wickets & run thru the middle order, thats what he must look to do. He bowls too many wrong uns. I'd like to see him turn his leg breaks more. Overall he has the goods to become a good bowler.[/quote'] He flighted it mostly in England and Ireland and was pretty effective. I'd like to see him in the test side as the second spinner for home games instead of H.Singh. He has the perfect captain, mentor, etc in Kumble.
He bowls far too quickly & hardly flights the ball. Its understandable why he did that yesterday' date=' as he was bowling to well set aggressive stroke makers. But his job is to pick wickets & run thru the middle order, thats what he must look to do. He bowls too many wrong uns. I'd like to see him turn his leg breaks more. Overall he has the goods to become a good bowler.[/quote'] I understand, if he bowls with the same economy rate then it means he has tied down the batsmen who are in full flow. In today's ODI cricket, this kinda bowling is successful. No matter wickets are taken or not, atleast he was successful in creating pressure on batsmen. On the other end, wickets can be taken by the other bowler. This can be adjustment and not regular approach, till PC acquaints all the weapons in his bowling.
Too bad he wont play the second finals..
It may purely depend on the kinda pitch for the second finale. Lets watch Dhoni, what is he going to do? By taking VS, he may have an additional batsman and he can use VS/SRT to make up for a bowler, a spinner.

he has the potential.... but i am disappointed tht he has not come on over the last 2 years as i had expected.... i dont see any improvement from when i saw him 2 yrs bak.... he needs to work on his stock delivery, his leg break, the length of his googlies.... he tends to bowl em very short....