Will you folks really be able to support Hayden, Punter, Symo et.al in IPL!?

fineleg

Will you folks really be able to support Hayden, Punter, Symo et.al in IPL!?  

1. 1.

• Yes: if they are in my Fav team, I'll support the Aussies
    • No: even if they are in my fav team, I will support the Indian players who are bowling against them
    • Depends: explain your vote with a post please!
    • IPL. Bleh. Who cares?

On that note Whisper' date=' could you please tell me what were the unpleasant behaviour of the Indian players?[/quote'] well 2 Indian players were charged and penalised.. even though Harbhajan's charge was reduced from racism he was still charged with offensive conduct. Sharma was charged for his send off of Symonds. Sreesanth labelled the aussie team as 'shiit' at the start of the tour Your captain repeatedly admitted that they were giving the aussies back as much, if not more, than they were receiving. So you can't pretend that ALL the unpleasantries came from 1 side only. oh and not to mention the BCCI basically holding cricket to ransom TWICE unless they got their own way.

The last point is irrelevant - the BCCI have nothing to do with the Indian players. One is an entity that has little knowledge of cricket, might end up hurting it in the long term for a lot of money, and the other is a group of people who actually play the game. But agree, Chandan's question is ridiculous. After the post-tests appeal most in India were still disgusted by Harbhajan's admitted abuse to Symonds. Sreesanth and Ishant have also put a foot over the line at times, but again, as I mentioned in my other post - the unpleasantries came from small minorities of players on both sides. The majority - Lee, Clark, Hussey, Jaques, Haddin, Hopes, SRT, Dravid, Kumble, VVS, Sehwag, Praveen, etc - conducted themselves admirably in high pressure/tension environments, and all performed well. As for this poll: It's the f*cking IPL. If there's no other cricket on, I'll just start throwing in some old Ranji DVDs or tapes from past season.

as I mentioned in my other post - the unpleasantries came from small minorities of players on both sides. The majority - Lee, Clark, Hussey, Jaques, Haddin, Hopes, SRT, Dravid, Kumble, VVS, Sehwag, Praveen, etc - conducted themselves admirably in high pressure/tension environments, and all performed well.
definitely true. And as i have said before the 'controversies' have been fueled greatly by the media in both countries. Punter, Symonds and co are portrayed in India in a way that stirs hate, the same way that how Harbhajan was portrayed through the media over here made alot of Australian's despise him. I'm sure in day to day life none of these players are 'bad people'. They are not thieves or murderers they are merely people playing sport and trying to win. I think its unfortunate in both countries that peoples opinions can be so heavily persuaded by what the media shows them.. but at the same time i think the media will portray these players in a different light when they are representing your regions. I can't quite imagine a local Kolkata paper reporting that "Cheating Scumbag Ponting wins game for Kolkata"

you guys will love them when they are winning you games.. David Beckham syndrome. was the most hated man in england when he played for Man United but was Englands hero when he scored the free-kick that got them to the world cup. Just wait till Symonds becomes the first player to score a 20-20 hundred for YOUR team.. you will be cheering ;)
That was forgotten quickly because he was one of them, not some foreigner. And also, Becks had grown up by that time, he was not immature then like punter, symmo and haydos are currently.

And no, I will not support the players but the team. Im a Newcastle fan and i never supported boumsong cuz he was and still is crap. that does not make me any less of a fan. And i wonder what will happen if Brett Lee bowls a beamer at Punter.

well 2 Indian players were charged and penalised.. even though Harbhajan's charge was reduced from racism he was still charged with offensive conduct. Sharma was charged for his send off of Symonds. Sreesanth labelled the aussie team as 'shiit' at the start of the tour Your captain repeatedly admitted that they were giving the aussies back as much, if not more, than they were receiving. So you can't pretend that ALL the unpleasantries came from 1 side only. oh and not to mention the BCCI basically holding cricket to ransom TWICE unless they got their own way.
Completely right and everyone got punished for his shameful act. As for the captain, I didn't see Kumble and co doing anything till the Sydney test. But what did you expect after it? They couldn't have taken all the nonsense in the field without answering them at all? And don't bring BCCI into it. None of the Indian fans have to say anything when the CA's chief endorsed Australian players' behaviour in the Sydney test saying that it was test cricket, not tiddlywinks! So keep the boards out of it. Players can't help it if their board officials are like that.
But agree, Chandan's question is ridiculous. After the post-tests appeal most in India were still disgusted by Harbhajan's admitted abuse to Symonds. Sreesanth and Ishant have also put a foot over the line at times, but again, as I mentioned in my other post - the unpleasantries came from small minorities of players on both sides. The majority - Lee, Clark, Hussey, Jaques, Haddin, Hopes, SRT, Dravid, Kumble, VVS, Sehwag, Praveen, etc - conducted themselves admirably in high pressure/tension environments, and all performed well. As for this poll: It's the f*cking IPL. If there's no other cricket on, I'll just start throwing in some old Ranji DVDs or tapes from past season.
My question is not ridiculous if you know my motive for asking this to Whisper, who is an Australian. I've read a lot of Australian fans complainting of Indians whinging and how their sook-o-meter broke and all that rubbish. I'm glad that Whisper is not one from them and has only condemned the behaviours which deserved to be condemned. PS: Salil, I'll be waiting for those Ranji tapes!

Guest HariSampath

I will of course be cheering Chennai Superkings , even if Aussies like Hayden and Hussey are playing. In fact my support would be more for my regional side /Indian and local players than the fact Aussies are playing in the side. I was also telling Anirudh Srikkanth last week not to get distracted by the crowd's boos when he opens with Hayden, and he was genuinely surprised why people should boo an Aussie player in a FC game, and doesnt believe Indian crowds will boo any Aussie except maybe when Hayden, Symonds etc play away from their cities and the opposition city crowds may boo them. ( like Delhi booing Symonds and Hayden being booed in Mumbai)

^^ I do hope the crowds who go to IPL *definitely* give it to the Haydos, the Symos, and Punters...give the lashing and booing that it will make their IPL life a big pain. Thats the hope, letz see how far the crowd will make their lives miserable. Maybe they will escape in Madras, given that the crowd has been known for not doing too many such thingz. However, I still have hope that there as well as in other avenues, these guys will have a nightmarish time. They deserve every bit of it, should they get it from the crowds.