Hayden is a liar: Harbhajan

Feed

ICC investigating Harbhajan outburst: report Melbourne: International Cricket Council (ICC) is investigating Harbhajan Singh’s reported outburst against Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist to nip in the bud any open conflict between Indian Board and Cricket Australia, a media report has claimed. According to ‘The Australian’ match referees Mike Procter and Jeff Crowe have asked India to reign in Harbhajan. “We are aware of Harbhajan Singh’s comments and are in dialogue with the two boards (Australia and India),” the newspaper quoted an ICC spokesman as saying. Harbhajan could be charged with unbecoming conduct, which carries penalties, including suspension, the report added. The ICC’s reported investigation comes after the BCCI had asked Harbhajan not to speak to the media on Australian tour. Harbhajan was reported by a newspaper that he had called Hayden “a liar” and Gilchrist “no saint” though the off-spinner denied having said that. “Yes, we received a mail from Cricket Australia about Harbhajan Singh. He has been told not to talk to the media on the Australian tour. He has to accept our directive,” BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah said. Yesterday, CA had shot off a letter to Shah demanding to take action against Harbhajan for his reported outburst. “Enough is enough. Despite assurances that you have instructed him not to fuel this issue any more, Harbhajan continues to say whatever he wants. When will it ever end? Could you please deal with your player in regard to these comments,” CA chief executive James Sutherland wrote in the letter.
WTF is this? When Hayden abused Bahji and threatened Ishant and abused his accent during an ongoing series the ICC was quite watching all the fun. All the more the evidence was on the plate. But when Bhajji allegedly says something, there they come running calling foul! Bhajji allegedly didn't even use unparliamentary words like Hayden. Do we need anymore example to prove that ICC is a racist & biased sporting body?

The OZ pricks are at it again, now you are not allowed to speak the truth unlike them who seemed to have heard everything even though the microphone didn't pick up anything. ICC has always been biased, so it's not surprising at all. But I'm loving the ozs getting mentally disintegrated so badly.

The great irony is that Harbhajan and his batting partner at the time of his clash with Symonds, Sachin Tendulkar, must have lied at least once to get Harbhajan off the charge given the evidence they gave at the original hearing was completely different to what they said at the appeal. After stepping off the plane in India, Harbhajan told the Delhi-based tabloid Mail Today he was upset that Hayden and the now-retired Gilchrist supported Symonds in the race row. "Don't talk about Hayden's credibility, he is a big liar," the spinner said. "He (Gilchrist) is also not a saint. He, of course, pretends to be a saint - someone who doesn't say an offensive word on the field. "But this is completely wrong. There are times when he doesn't let an opportunity go to waste. "The whole world knows how the Australians target individual players to break their confidence. This was not new for us either, but calling me a racist was something we never expected. When we had enough of it, we also gave them back and they started complaining to the umpires about me. It was stunning how low they can stoop to break a player's confidence." Do you guys think SRT lied. I dont think so .. He never said that Bhajji didnt say anything. SRT just said that Bhajji did not call Symo a big monkey ? http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23346507-5001505,00.html

Rubbish! If anyone lied, it was Hayden and Clarke...as their court testimony shows they heard Symonds accusing Harbhajan of calling him monkey as opposed to Harbhajan directly, as they first claimed. In court, they soft peddled and the truth came out, that what they heard was monkey from Symonds mouth when he was accusing Harbhajan. They jumped to the claim that Harbhajan said it on that basis. Which is, a false claim. What nonsense! Tony Greig sets a few things straight here: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/talk/content/multimedia/341747.html?alt=1;template=audioplayerv2

CA reaction proves Aussies are bad losers Sandeep Patil Most of us have acknowledged Australians' dominance in world cricket, their special brand of aggressive cricket, ability to dictate with consistency, their love for sports in general. But for some time now we are seeing the other side of their character. They are bad losers and would go to any length to justify their claims. The reaction by CA, demanding action against Harbhajan for some alleged comments against Mathew Hayden, would have to be taken with a pinch of salt. In the first place, what action did CA take against Hayden for that obnoxious comment on Harbhajan? I am not going into the merits of what Harbhajan Singh said of Hayden. But I can believe that Hayden referred to Harbhajan as an "obnoxious little weed" because it was picked up from a radio interview. I will also believe Harbhajan when he says that he made no derogatory remarks against Hayden. It is silly of CA to write to the BCCI and demand action against Harbhajan. The Australian cricket administrators stand exposed on this issue. Look at how the Indians handled the issue when Hayden made that obnoxious remark. And look at how the CA is dealing with the matter. It is clear that the Australians, cricketers or administrators, crack under pressure. The decision by CA to allow Hayden escape with a warning was a joke. In that case, the BCCI should also issue only a mild warning to Harbhajan. After all, it was not Harbhajan who started this verbal war. Harbhajan has the right to express his opinion because what Hayden said was heard all over and it was indeed a derogatory remark. Harbhajan is absolutely right in saying the Australians are an arrogant side. I would add the CA to this list. It is time the International Cricket Council stepped in and told CA to just shut up. The world of cricket has had enough of this nonsense. We now need to forget whatever happened and look forward to the series against South Africa. I liked the sight of our players, juniors and seniors, being honoured by the BCCI. I only hope it does not create needless pressure on the players because it is very clear the BCCI is out to make the most of it. The officials hog the limelight at such functions. True, we beat Australia but then why do we overreact to an extent that even the players begin to feel the pressure. More than the players, I thought the BCCI officials were more excited as far as the celebrations are concerned. The players were clearly very tired and disinterested at the function in Delhi. With due respect to the Indian team, they did win the World Cup? We all take pride in the fact that India beat Australia in Australia for the first tri-series title but then also remember that Australia has won the World Cup three times in a row. It is this consistency and dominance that India should try and emulate, and that is why I think we should not overreact. I also don't want to see the players spoilt by the riches being showered on them. They deserve more without the threat of glamour and money hurting their focus. The future of Indian cricket is secure and it is critical that we make the most of the present. We need to protect the juniors from burnout because there are many on the injury list. When you play so much, you are bound to have niggles. We have to have a policy of preserving our cricket talent and make the best use of them.

A very interesting article here: Cricket Australia off target with Harbhanjan email Robert Craddock March 09, 2008 11:00pm SOMEWHERE in the bustling industrial city of Jalandhar, Harbhajan Singh is probably lying in bed staring like a zombie at the ceiling. 0,,5928038,00.jpgWHO'S the king? I am, says controversial Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh That's because word is out that Cricket Australia is on his tail . . . and they are not happy. CA chief executive James Sutherland has taken exception to Harbhajan calling Matthew Hayden a liar and Adam Gilchrist "no saint" and yesterday fired off an angry email to the Indian cricket board. "Enough is enough," Sutherland wrote. "Despite assurances that you have instructed him not to fuel this issue any more, Harbhajan continues to say whatever he wants. When will it ever end? Could you please deal with your player in regard to these comments." Cop that Harbhajan. Just when you thought you were home free, how's that for a pineapple up your jacksey. You thought Underbelly was rugged viewing . . . it's Play School compared to what is going to happen to you. We'll say it once and once only . . . no one messes with CA. One press box cynic yesterday tipped that, as a result of the email, a shamed Harbhajan would flee India to Afghanistan and take residence in a hillside cave beside Osama bin Laden. He may never be seen again. Then, of course, there's the more likely option that he will get a printout of the story, make a paper plane out of it and spear it from the balcony of his first floor apartment to the street below. He may even have a giggle about it in the way winning boxers do when they hear the losers complaining about the referee and demanding a rematch. Harbhajan and India are as cocky as you like at the moment. The email to India probably sums up the summer for Cricket Australia. When the big administrative guns needed to fire they were a step or 20 behind where they should have been. The time to go ballistic about the clearly out-of-control Harbhajan was two months ago when he acted up in the Sydney Test. There's no point whingeing now. I never thought I would see a summer where Cricket Australia administrators were outmanoeuvred on home soil but it happened this season. The end of the summer has come at a good time because everyone dislikes everyone at the moment. Australia's players have lost respect for CA because they caved in over the charges against Harbhajan in the monkeygate affair. CA has lost time for some of its players because they feel they cannot control them with the increasingly controversial Andrew Symonds the prime example. CA's brittle relationship with Indian cricket chiefs was also tested in the extreme over the blow-ups in the playing ranks. Even the media corps have fallen out with many Indian journalists feeling their Australian counterparts are shameslessly biased towards their own team. It is doubtful whether CA's relationship with its players will ever be as strong as it was because it has allowed a rival body (the Indian Premier League) to "get" to its men. Once you do that your control over them is never as strong again. Symonds could walk out on Australian cricket tomorrow and be guaranteed $1.5 million a year for the next three years from India. For the moment Australia needs him slightly more than he needs them. For an employer to agree to someone else paying your players more than you do is a very dangerous move though, in CA's defence, there was little they could do about it. Another worry for Australia is that with the Twenty20 Leagues becoming so big, attitude sells. Bad is good, so to speak. When Cricket Australia does its 25-man contract list the only criteria for its rankings are what a player has done over the past year and is likely to do in the future. Marketability doesn't come in to it. But in Twenty20 it is almost as important – sometimes more important – than ability. Symonds had a shocker of a one-day series but his marketability to the Twenty20 boys is greater than ever because of his clash with the streaker and his outspoken public comments which forced his newspaper column to be scrapped. Harbhajan's price is going up by the minute and he is loving it all for he can be shameless when he has to. A few years ago he agreed to take his turban off to be photographed for a whisky commercial. About the only thing he has knocked back was a 2001 offer to become an honourary police superintendent in his home city. Even for the man himself the thought of Harbhajan being a policeman was too much to bear. ----------------------------------------------------------- Poor CA. It is still getting the bashing from its media!

BCCI surprised over ICC's interference BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah says it is strange that the ICC is interfering when the matter is between the Indian and Australian boards. More... BCCI surprised over ICC's interference Press Trust Of India Melbourne, March 10, 2008 First Published: 21:15 IST(10/3/2008) Last Updated: 21:28 IST(10/3/2008) The Indian Cricket Board on Monday expressed surprise over the ICC's investigation about Harbhajan Singh's reported comments against two Australian players. BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah said it was strange that the ICC was interfering when the matter was between the Indian and Australian boards. "I'm surprised that with correspondence between two boards, how has the ICC interfered in this? How is the ICC involved without knowing anything? There is nothing to investigate and we maintain that we totally support ICC on zero tolerance of abusive language or any sledging on the ground," Shah was quoted as saying by 'The Australian.' Shah ruled out any investigation, saying Harbhajan had denied the charges. "The whole thing has been settled and I don't want to get into it any more. Harbhajan Singh has totally denied what he has said," Shah said. On his return to India, Harbhajan was quoted in the media as terming Hayden "a liar" and wicket-keeper Adam Gilchrist "no saint."