Ishant Sharma - post Australia tour

'9 overs to Ponting were turning point of my life' The gangling 6'4" Delhi speedster, Ishant Sharma, hailed as the find of the just-concluded Australian tour, has cool head. More... '9 overs to Ponting were turning point of my life' Agencies Posted online: Saturday , March 08, 2008 at 1351 hrs IST Print EmailTo Editor New Delhi, March 8:: The 54 balls that he bowled to the world's highest-ranked Test batsman Ricky Ponting was the ‘turning point’ of his life, says India's pace sensation Ishant Sharma. The gangling 6'4" Delhi speedster, hailed as the find of the just-concluded Australian tour, has cool head despite being thrust into limelight suddenly. The 19-year-old cricketer said, "the nine overs during which I bowled Ponting out (in Perth Test) are very important for me. That was the turning point of my life. This tour was very crucial for me. It has changed my whole life". Big bucks, hysterical fans and media adulation that comes with cricket stardom have not gone to his head. "Everyone tells me don't forget from where you've come. Never forget your roots," said Ishant, son of an air conditioner mechanic. While Ponting lavished praise on Ishant for producing ‘outstanding’ spells, his predecessor Steve Waugh described the Delhiite as ‘next best thing in Indian cricket’. "It is a good sign that every one has words of praise for me. To get a compliment from a great batsman like Ricky Ponting motivates me," said the bowler, who emerged as India's highest wicket-taker with 14 scalps from nine matches in the tri-series.

'Those 54 balls changed my life'

New Delhi: The 54 balls that he bowled to the world's highest-ranked Test batsman Ricky Ponting was the "turning point" of his life, says India's pace sensation Ishant Sharma. The gangling 6'4" Delhi speedster, hailed as the find of the just-concluded Australian tour, has cool head despite being thrust into limelight suddenly. The 19-year-old cricketer told in an interview here "the nine overs during which I bowled Ponting out (in Perth Test) are very important for me. That was the turning point of my life. This tour was very crucial for me. It has changed my whole life". Big bucks, hysterical fans and media adulation that comes with cricket stardom have not gone to his head. "Everyone tells me don't forget from where you've come. Never forget your roots," said Ishant, son of an air conditioner mechanic.
more... This article is worth reading, comparatively interesting. IS is a really lucky guy, he must put emphasis on reverse swing, yorker and bouncer while practicing.
Ya...I am non-veg and I love my meat. However' date=' [b']it is a myth that you cannot bulk up without meat. He doesn't have to forego his chosen mode of living to achieve his aims.
Thats it, people are born with different body structure. Sometimes, time and exercise can bring little or marginal change in it and sometimes it remains the same, in built.

Piling on the pounds is not the right move for Ishant, in my opinion. He has tremendous stamina and can bowl at 150kph. I think that he should train his muscles rather than look to build them up with food. I agree that he should eradicate the no ball problem, but his future success lies in perfecting the action and looking to strengthen the muscles that he has. As far as I see, his wirey frame is a strength, as it allows him to pelt through the action quickly. Meats are the right way to go, 9 out of 10 times, but I don't see it as the way forward in this case.

even srinath was vegetarian also...and he was one of the successful indian bowler so its not necessary to eat non veg food and put some more weight and bowl fast or anything...i think they should just leave ishant alone....he is doing good rite now...if they try more to correct him then he might be changed from wht he is doing now...

Ishant doubtful for SA series Outgoing Physio John Gloster advises the Delhi speedster two to three weeks of rest to recover from a toe injury. More... Ishant doubtful for South Africa series Press Trust Of India Mumbai, March 08, 2008 First Published: 19:38 IST(8/3/2008) Last Updated: 22:37 IST(8/3/2008) India's new pace spearhead Ishant Sharma is in doubt for the upcoming home cricket series against South Africa after he was advised two to three weeks' rest to recover from a toe injury. The Delhi speedster, who impressed one and all with his pace and aggression Down Under, has seen significant healing but needs time for the pain to subside and full healing to take place. Outgoing Physio John Gloster has advised Ishant rest for two-three weeks from bowling and running. "No compromise on this instruction... Strength and focus on core stability, gluteal strength, quadriceps strength and hamstring/hip flexor flexibility," Gloster said in his report to the BCCI.. Ishant also suffers from inflammation on his forefinger and Gloster advised him to continue with anti-inflammatory techniques until the problem is resolved. Yuvraj Singh's knee has been deemed fit enough for cricket but the left-hander is advised to lay "emphasis on strengthening and stability without high impact activity." "Must have minimum two weeks (ideally three) break from cricket and excessive loaded activities," the report said, asking him to do swimming, cycling and water running. Off-spinner Harbhajan Singh's hamstring is a cause for concern and will require minimum two weeks' rest from bowling and running post tour He needs to avoid long distance running and running on inclines. "Once this condition starts to impede his ability to bowl, then surgical intervention will need to be considered."