Ishant Sharma - post Australia tour

^ i dont think so..since he told in one of the interview that he is veg...and interview was around when he was getting successful in the indian team...
I am fairly certain that I've read that Javagal Srinath converted to a non-vegetarian (eating chicken atleast)...People who have followed cricket more intensely than me at that time, can probably confirm the news.

WTH.. no let him stay vegetarian.. he should continue to stay as vegetarian.. LET HIM MAINTAIN HIS OWN IDENTITY IN THE WORLD.. THE GREAT VEGETARIAN BOWLER.. thatz what he is gonna be called in future.. also he happenz to be sharma sharma = pandit.. lot of sharmaz don't even eat non veg food in India..

It never ceases to amaze me that people who have somehow never tried non-veg diet are so quick to dismiss it. And to take it further they will come up with what can be eaten as a replacement. Truth be told half o these supporters would have a bad physique and would never put their pictures. Yeah sure vegetarian diet works but for whom??? I would personally not tamper with Sharma for now since he has gotten good result but if he needs to take it a bit further then having a well balanced diet - vegetarian and non-veg food is the way to go. He need not do beef but no harm in taking fish, egg and chicken. And yes Srinath turned non-veg when he started playing county cricket in England.

He needs to put on some pounds, but not at the cost of drastically changing his physique. Eating meat will get him there quicker than eating cabbage. As far as his training is concerned, he doesn't need to strive for the massive, Shane Watson-type sh ithouse body but some weight training specifically targeted towards bowling muscles would be advisable. Exercises targeting the hamstring, the lower back, delts, lats would do him a lot of good and make him less injury-prone.

Its as simple as this. 1. Go to a health store and buy protein powder. Put protein powder in milk and drink it 3 times a day. 2. Go to the gym and work out. My Cousin is an "Ice" Hockey player and North American people know that how tough you need to be for a hockey player. He is a 200 pounder 6 feet guy and he is vegetarian. He doesn't even eat eggs. And he made it to the Junior Hockey Canada team and he was known for his deadly "bodychecks". Eat lots of Soya, drink Soya Milk, lots of milk with Protein powder.

WTH.. no let him stay vegetarian.. he should continue to stay as vegetarian.. LET HIM MAINTAIN HIS OWN IDENTITY IN THE WORLD.. THE GREAT VEGETARIAN BOWLER.. thatz what he is gonna be called in future.. also he happenz to be sharma sharma = pandit.. lot of sharmaz don't even eat non veg food in India..
:hysterical:

Ishant should concentrate on building muscles: Buchanan Former Australian coach John Buchanan said India's fast bowling sensation Ishant Sharma should concentrate on building muscles and need not cut down on his pace. More... Ishant should concentrate on building muscles: Buchanan PTI KOLKATA, March 10: India's fast bowling sensation Ishant Sharma should concentrate on building muscles and need not cut down on his pace, according to former Australian coach John Buchanan. "At the moment, inspite of injuries, I don't think he should reduce his pace. But he should build more muscles so that his body can sustain the extra pressure," Buchanan told newspersons on Monday. The 19-year-old gangling Sharma has been hailed as the find of the Australian tour after he emerged as India's most successful bowler with 14 scalps from nine games in the tri-series to enable his side pull up a stunning upset over the team from Down Under. Buchanan, however, had a word of caution. "Ishant is a player who India would like to spearhead their bowling in the coming years. He needs to be handled carefully," he said. Buchanan felt the IPL would be a good experience for him. He also lavished praise on Ganguly, saying "Sourav is a real competitor. He will be a good captian in this type of the game also." Buchanan did not think that the spate of controversies during India's trip to Australia would have any bearing on the IPL which begins from April 18. "The IPL teams are made of players from different countries. I don't think any tension will prevail among the Australian and Indian players," he said. He opined that Ponting still had lot of cricket left in him. "He still has got 100 per cent of cricket left in him. At the moment he is only going through a lean patch." On leg spin legend Shane Warne's description of him as a 'goose' and somebody 'who had no idea and lacked common sense', Buchanan blamed the media for blowing Warne's comments out of proportion. "I understand him and how he operates. I think too much has been made out of his comments," he said. Launching a scathing attack on Buchanan, the leggie had also said "I don't think he has made one good point in a long time. He is living in a pixy land. We had to listen to his verbal diarrhoea all the time." But Buchanan on Monday chose to play it down. "He speaks his mind. I think he is a champ for his contribution to the game. One can only raise questions on his off-field activites." Asked to name a few promising players shaped by the Australian Cricket Academy, he mentioned Adam Voges, Luke Ronchie and Shaun Marsh. Buchanan did not think that Australian cricket was going through a transition. "Apart form the area of leg spin bowling, I think the other departments are quite ok," he said. He also profusely praised wicketkeeper-batsman Brad Haddin. "He is a quality player and the most important thing about him is that he doesn't want to be (Adam) Gilchrist. He wants to be Brad Haddin, and he can bat anywhere from number one to seven," said Buchanan, who is now penning a book 'Unique Ability'.

I don't think someone shud turn non veg to get fatter, why does he need to get fat? if he is already producing such a high speed why does he need to put on weight? but if cricket matters to ishant the most he can chose to be non-veg but it should be purely his own decision, if he feels he needs to, he can, but he shouldn't do it fro his coach or anyone else

I don't need to build strong muscles, says Ishant Ishant Sharma refused to follow the advise of John Buchanan that he needed to "build muscles" so that his wiry frame could sustain pressures of international cricket. More... I don't need to build strong muscles, says Ishant PTI NEW DELHI, March 12: Pace sensation Ishant Sharma on Wednesday refused to follow the advise of former Australian coach John Buchanan that he needed to "build muscles" so that his wiry frame could sustain pressures of international cricket. "I don't think I need to build strong muscles. I feel I am completely fit," Sharma said on the sidelines of a function here. Buchanan, who will coach Sharma in the Kolkata IPL team, had said that the gangling bowler should concentrate on building muscles to withstand the vigours and pressure of excessive bowling. The towering bowler also declared himself fit for the South African series, saying he had recovered from his finger injury, which prevented him playing in the second final of the CB tri-series in Australia. "I am fit now," he said replying to a query on his recovery from injury but refused to elaborate because of BCCI's gag order. However, his coach Shravan Kumar confidently declared that the young pacer was fit to play in the upcoming South African Test series. "He has recovered from his injury and we hope that he will play Test series against South Africa. Though he has to undergo a fitness test and final decision (on his fitness) will be taken only after that," Kumar said. Selectors will meet in Bangalore on March 17 to pick the team for the first Test match, beginning in Chennai on March 26.