Australia postpone Pakistan tour : Tour unlikely until at least 2009

It has been quite a spectacle though' date=' 16str8. And somewhat undignified to boot.[/quote'] To an extent yes. I agree. What I find funny is that the Australian players are singled out by some Indians and labelled greedy and money chasers. Yet they put themselves in the auction, just like every other cricketer. But I guess prolonged success is bound to make some bitter.

No, it's not prolonged success. The Aussies were admired and still are, for being a champion side. However, the Sydney fiasco and the Aussies taking things off the field has left the Indian fans bitter at their perceived lack of sportsmanship. You can see that in the above replies. However, I would caution you to not argue too much with one-eyed fans...I am sure you are familiar with AFL? Can you convince a one-eyed Collingwood fan to be objective? Same here.

And why would you imagine that?
The fact that you felt it neccesary to single out "white people" in your previous post was a pretty good indication. Also the fact that you apparently enjoy this was another. Although I'm not sure what "fighting over money" you were referring to..

16str8, I think the reference to "white people" is a colonial hangover. Last time round, they were stealing Indian resources and manpower through the mechanism of colonisation and subjugation. So, the current scramble for Indian money is not novel in itself, but the power equation is completely reversed, which makes it rather conspicuos in Indian eyes.

The fact that you felt it neccesary to single out "white people" in your previous post was a pretty good indication. Also the fact that you apparently enjoy this was another. Although I'm not sure what "fighting over money" you were referring to..
Ah, you seem to have taken it in an entirely different way. May be its my mistake not to make it clear. We have seen Indians and south Asians go to western countries to earn money. Its not an everyday affair when it happens the other way. Yes, I am enjoying it because its a clear indication of India's progress. Today we have the western people wanting to come to India to make money. Yes, I am sitting back, watching the circus and enjoying it.
Ah, you seem to have taken it in an entirely different way. May be its my mistake not to make it clear. We have seen Indians and south Asians go to western countries to earn money. Its not an everyday affair when it happens the other way. Yes, I am enjoying it because its a clear indication of India's progress. Today we have the western people wanting to come to India to make money. Yes, I am sitting back, watching the circus and enjoying it.
In that case I apologise. I misinterpreted your original comment.