Indian Selectors In A Bind Ahead of Test Series : thoughts on Indian squad selected vs SA[Merged]

Dhondy

Brilliant work by Doc ! :two_thumbs_up: Truly enjoyed reading it . Got to agree that Sehwag has been given raw deal by the mad colonel and his motley crew. It's beyond me how a batsmen of his caliber finds himself in a such a predicament. But where were all the naysayers when Yuvraj was given preference over Laxman in the home series against England simply because the latter performed well in the preceding ODI series against Pakistan.Time and again Laxman had to perform under dire circumstances with the carnal l knowledge that one bad innings is all it takes to get him axed permanently. Who is crying for him other than Rohan !:D

why draw? both play at S/R's above 50. Kartik especially plays a lot of strokes.
You should be deluded to think KKD has a future as an opener. He was found out the moment, he came up against a quality bowler (Akhtar). Success in flat conditions against a second string English attack is not a benchmark for a quality opener. Its easy to succeed as an opener over 10 games. Its very difficult to do it, over & over again in your career. Sehwag has done that & hence deserves the longest rope we can afford for an opener. And unlike Jaffer, who goes on to make big scores, KKD has only made 50s till date. So Jaffer gets the nod over KKD. Dropping Sehwag was Vengsarkar's lowest moment as a selector. If he drops Sehwag now (after his Adelaide knock), it will be one of the most ridiculous selection moves in the history of Indian cricket. We might as well hire the services of the DNA & other PCB jokers, who seem to back Malik for the sake of backing.
i dont understand why they want to drop shewag for the test match...he had bad runs making in Cb series not in test matches....if they dont pick him for test then our selectors doing something wrong...
He shouldn't have been dropped in the first place. And no matter what others say I'm not convinced about KKD. Jaffer might well be a big time HTB, but I'll try GG opening with VS.
You should be deluded to think KKD has a future as an opener. He was found out the moment, he came up against a quality bowler (Akhtar). Success in flat conditions against a second string English attack is not a benchmark for a quality opener. Its easy to succeed as an opener over 10 games. Its very difficult to do it, over & over again in your career. Sehwag has done that & hence deserves the longest rope we can afford for an opener. And unlike Jaffer, who goes on to make big scores, KKD has only made 50s till date. So Jaffer gets the nod over KKD. Dropping Sehwag was Vengsarkar's lowest moment as a selector. If he drops Sehwag now (after his Adelaide knock), it will be one of the most ridiculous selection moves in the history of Indian cricket. We might as well hire the services of the DNA & other PCB jokers, who seem to back Malik for the sake of backing.
How can you be found out in three tests? Personally I hate KKD with a passion...he's annoying and dives uselessly in the field. I don't think he's that bad as an opener, he's positive with his footwork and good temperament. In England, the ball swings for the first 15 overs atleast, and it's a credit for Kartik (who was plumb to a Sidebottom inswinger in the first test), to have worked out a strategy against it in the 2nd test. A test attack of Anderson, Sidebottom, Tremlett, and Pansesar isn't anything to sneeze at. The pitch was flat, but it was swinging around for the first 15. You can only play with what they give you man. Also I don't think you've followed my posts on the thread, I've said that Sehwag shouldn't have been dropped, and shouldn't be dropped now. The only reason I brought KKD into the frame was to prove that Sehwag wasn't able to get back into the squad because India was winning and had a settled lineup for a while.

sehwag should not be dropped at any cost. a player with a avg of 50 & sr of 76 in tests should not be left out. if sehwag has to be dropped from anywhere, it has to be odis, not tests. poor odi form is no reason to drop a player from tests

Time for one of the seniors to make way for Gambhir After Gambhir's superb performance in Australia it will be difficult to ignore him for the coming test series. Gambhir has shown that he can be played both as a opener and a middle order batsman which no one in the Indian Team has done before. Add to his superb batting skills Gambhir's fielding and running will add extra value to the Indian Team. Shouldn't one of the big four make the way for Gambhir? It 's tough to drop any of the seniors but the Indian Team has to look ahead. I would say its time either for Ganguly or Laxman.

^funny how some blind ppl who don't watch cricket perhapz talk about removal of Dravid from the squad.. DRAVID, THE BEST TEST BAT u gotta be kidding me if u want to see this guy out of the team.. crap u ppl
Only someone out of his mid would talk about kicking the best batsman out of the team. I want to see Dravid play his self for a long long time.
i dont understand why they want to drop shewag for the test match...he had bad runs making in Cb series not in test matches....if they dont pick him for test then our selectors doing something wrong...
Who wants to drop Sehwag NOW from the test team? I haven't heard any selector say so even on the condition od anonimity!! Are you guys getting concerned at a stupid media article? In fact Sehwag is a certainty according to both cricinfo and HT. And HT reported that even if Harbhajan proves his fitness (which many doubt that he can) before the selection, at least two selectors are not in favour of selecting him in the team at all, on the basis of merit. So it'll all deped on Kumble and his plan for the South-Africans! PS: The bad news is that most of these respected news papers are ruling Ishant out due to injury which according to them hasn't healed as yet. I'm just praying that they're wrong!!