Indian Selectors In A Bind Ahead of Test Series : thoughts on Indian squad selected vs SA[Merged]

Dhondy

Terrific exposition of our selectors' incompetence there, Dhondy. Some advice - don't waste your writing talents on these morons. Moreover, don't waste your time arguing with people who think Kumble is the selector abroad and are unaware of the workings of Indian selection over the last couple of years in which a selector tours with the side.

shucks.. i'm watching NDTV.. and they are ruling out Ishant sharma here.. this is frustrating.. i hate that ticker tape going underneath which has Ishan'ts name along with bhajji and yuvi..
Yep - I.S. is being ruled out. Squad will have SS, RP Singh, IKP, who else in squad? {Munaf Patel or Pankaj Singh or Praveen Kumar}?
Yep - I.S. is being ruled out. Squad will have SS, RP Singh, IKP, who else in squad? {Munaf Patel or Pankaj Singh or Praveen Kumar}?
Oh NO no Patel please:omg:. IKP hasnt looked good either but he is better than MP anyday so I think it'll be SS RP and IKP I am more interested to see whom do they pick as the 2nd spinner ...No Bhajji please :pray::pray::pray:

Prof, I would not support VS' inclusion before Aus tour. It was clearly based on form and he was scoring ladoos in matches, so his selection was AGAINST THE GRAIN - he did not merit it - no 2 ways about it. But now (whatever the reason he got selected and played test 3&4) he has scored, so they'll have to retain him. Everything has to be perf based, no "special free pass".

Oh NO no Patel please:omg:. IKP hasnt looked good either but he is better than MP anyday so I think it'll be SS RP and IKP I am more interested to see whom do they pick as the 2nd spinner ...No Bhajji please :pray::pray::pray:
Munaf Daadaji Patel will breakdown on 3rd day of the Test :giggle:

mr defensive has to be dropped from the test team as soon as possible. with mr defensive in the team, we cant win more than 1 test match in a series. and mr defensive plays super-slow 100-ball 10 type innings and takes india to draws from comfortable winning situations. mr defensive just cant bat quickly to force declarartions & wins. we need youngsters now in the test team and even ganguly needs to be dropped. ganguly is a poor fielder. some fresh young legs is what we need. i hope gambhir & kaif replace ganguly & mr defensive. we need to go forward and look at the future, no need living in past glories

Guest whineleg
Everything has to be perf based' date=' no "special free pass".[/quote'] yes, i agree btw, i think that Harbhajan should be picked for the tests. If u look at his last fc games that were not tests, he has been doing very well. took lots of wkts for Surrey against Worcestershire and Hampshire (more than the overrated Shane Warne took in that match). Based on that perf he deserves a go, his performance there merits it without any stupid free pass like how Motu got for making nothing against HP (against whom Harbhajan has a good record btw)
mr defensive has to be dropped from the test team as soon as possible. with mr defensive in the team, we cant win more than 1 test match in a series. and mr defensive plays super-slow 100-ball 10 type innings and takes india to draws from comfortable winning situations. mr defensive just cant bat quickly to force declarartions & wins. we need youngsters now in the test team and even ganguly needs to be dropped. ganguly is a poor fielder. some fresh young legs is what we need. i hope gambhir & kaif replace ganguly & mr defensive. we need to go forward and look at the future, no need living in past glories
:hysterical: You want RD to be dropped from Tests :hysterical:
mr defensive has to be dropped from the test team as soon as possible. with mr defensive in the team, we cant win more than 1 test match in a series. and mr defensive plays super-slow 100-ball 10 type innings and takes india to draws from comfortable winning situations. mr defensive just cant bat quickly to force declarartions & wins. we need youngsters now in the test team and even ganguly needs to be dropped. ganguly is a poor fielder. some fresh young legs is what we need.
jaa yaar tu jaake batting karle.. hai dum?? u r talking crap about a batsman who averages 55.xx in test cricket
Guest Yograj Singh
DEAR YUVRAJ SHOULD REPLACE MR. DEFENSIVE... btw great nickname amits!!! Dravid is a LIABILITY at 3... Yuvi can take the attack to other teams instead of letting a thousand balls go by his off stump. He will chase, drive, cut and slash and not allow bowlers to bowl to him.
DEAR YUVRAJ SHOULD REPLACE MR. DEFENSIVE... btw great nickname amits!!! Dravid is a LIABILITY at 3... Yuvi can take the attack to other teams instead of letting a thousand balls go by his off stump. He will chase, drive, cut and slash and not allow bowlers to bowl to him.
huh are u drunk :beer-bottle:
Guest Yograj Singh

no i have a better eye for talent than u THREE TESTS AGO YUVI CAME IN AND DESTROYED A BOWLING ATTACK ON A GREEN PITCH WITH A MAESTRO'S INNINGS in his last 3 tests has MR DEFENSIVE done anything similar????