Why is Harbhajan in the test team?

It is really surprising to see Harbhajan Singh continously play in test team for India. In the last 4 years he has played 27 matches and taken 211 wickets with a avg. of 35.61 and strike rate of 70. Clearly these statistiics don't paint a rosy picture for Harbhajan Singh. But he is still in the team? Why? Can anyboby please justify?

same reason sehwag is in odi team :P for what he CAN do, not what he is doing :P
Always the mantra of BCCI selections (and many of our captains too): What you CAN do(based on what you did long time back), despite what you do recently or have done in any reasonable time in the recent past.
Good to see Selfish Sachin gets whoever he wants in the team... now how long until he talks the selectors into picking his son???
Give me proof that Sachin has sheltered Harbhajan from the selectors. This is utter crap, selfish Sachin? You cannot ask a sportsman to do more then Sachin has done for his country.
Murali Kartik is a far better bowler then Harbhajan Singh. I think the only reason he played in the tests Down Under is because of the 'Guarantee' that he'd get Ponting out. Ponting's scared to bets of him :D.
If Bhajji played to get Ponting out then the decision may have been strategic. ok. But what is he doing now in the team? Is he in the team to give interviews after the team wins even though his own performances are below average to just about average?
If Bhajji played to get Ponting out then the decision may have been strategic. ok. But what is he doing now in the team? Is he in the team to give interviews after the team wins even though his own performances are below average to just about average?
he is in the side so he can finally find his lost FLIGHT :giggle: ... Selectors think he is gonna replace kumble, I guess they would want to play him in every game :hatsoff:
he is in the side so he can finally find his lost FLIGHT :giggle: ... Selectors think he is gonna replace kumble' date=' I guess they would want to play him in every game :hatsoff:[/quote'] If he has lost his flight then he should go the Irfan Pathan way i.e. out of the team, work hard to get the flight back and then come back if he is good enough for India.