Is RP Singh still carrying a niggle?

fineleg

Players should really not declare themselves fit at Test level if they are carrying niggles...esp. Fast bowlers. RP Singh seemed uncomfortable right from the start of the day. I dont know if he is hiding a niggle or the physio fitness test did not catch it or they caught it, and still let him play!? Less than fully fit fast bowlers (playing a Test while still not fully recovered) will hurt their own career and the team during the Test match. Zaheer Khan did the right thing by opting out.

Yeah, I agree with msb1991. He couldn't find any rhythm. The pitch was not encouraging for him at all. He started off bowling between 80-85 mph. Later in the day (3rd Session), he was bowling constantly 87-88 mph. So, I think if he finds his rhythm, he can be very good. The pitch is horrible to be honest, and it would've helped a lot if Zaheer Khan was there because he knows how to bowl on these flat pitches (like he did last year against Bangladesh in Bangladesh). Lets wait and hope that he does better tomorrow.

Chaminda Vaas is another experienced customer who can handle such dodo bird pitches.
Yes. Chaminda Vaas is great on flat, slow, low pitches. He will toil away all day in the corridor. A fast bowler averaging 25.45 in Sri Lanka is brilliant, especially with Muralitharan taking all the wickets he can fit in two hands at the other end. Vaas knows that pace with the old ball in Sri Lanka is superfluous (if you are a medium pacer) and so he drops into the 70-75mph region after the first twenty overs. I think that the reason in which he can stick to a single line and length is his brilliant action. It is so simple, very little hang time, just aim and fire with the wrist always perfectly behind the ball. Watching him bowl today is a masterclass in bowling on slow, low pitches.
He did look out of sorts even though he did pretty good in the recent domestic matches albeit was one-day. Since he was bowling in the domestic matches' date=' he wasnt short of practice.Perhaps it was the pitch[b'] and heat
Heat probably played a part late in the day. But he was bowling insipid even in the first fresh spell in the morning.
Wow Sriram' date=' Arun must have really pissed you off. Never heard you let loose at a person like that. :D[/quote'] I cant stand him. Going against my earlier decision to sleep, I somehow coerced myself to tune in, into the telecast and the first thing I heard was Moron Lal's voice. To top all that, he says " Great shot by Graeme McKenzie" and some more of the usual nonsense. I closed my laptop and went to sleep immediately.

Can someone post a video of RPS (mis)fielding at mid off and giving away a boundary? (score around 420 AK bowling) Pathetic is too mild a word to describe it. :puke: RP Singh is playing like a loser, and deserves to be given a boot from Test-2 and Test-3 to punish him for his attitude while fielding.

Can someone post a video of RPS (mis)fielding at mid off and giving away a boundary? (score around 420 AK bowling) Pathetic is too mild a word to describe it. :puke: RP Singh is playing like a loser, and deserves to be given a boot from Test-2 and Test-3 to punish him for his attitude while fielding.
he is learning from SG and UV ... after all they are his seniors