Is Lara's 400 in danger?

DomainK

Hero worship, puttar that is ironic you are saying this to me.. i seen many posters with XYZ is god, and things like that..
Not from me...that should be addressed to others...but you and I are having this exchange.
i think this arguement is getting misinterpreted, i didnt say onyl lara shoudl get 400's, but if youre going to break records do it in the best possible way....
I think Sehwag is doing it in the best possible way that he knows how to...and what I see is very pleasing to my eye. It is not his fault that the track is not seaming square...he can only play with what he is given. And his career is not over yet, so I would not underestimate him. He got out a lot in NZ/SA in the past because of very poor shot selection...cutting too close to the body etc. I have seen a mraked change in his batting since he got back into the side. His shot selection has become superb and he knows his game much better. Next time a seaming track comes along, just watch how he goes.
i really despise flat tracks, calling that pitch a flat track is an insult it is much worse.. the bowlers would deliver the ball about 140ish kph but the time it reaches sehwag it would be 100kph,...
Both sides have to play on it. It throws the bowlers different challenges and the batsmen different challenges. India bowled SA out didn't they? Now how did they do that? Persistence. Graft. Guile. Toil. Subtle spin. Cricket is not a one-dimensional game to be played only on one kind of track...each track has it's challenges and it's par score...and it also has it's own timetable, where strategy comes into play. This track will become very difficult late day 4 and day 5. You have to adjust your game accordingly. If cricket were to be played on one kind of track all the time, seaming and fast bowler friendly, the batsmen would evolve accordingly to only play to those conditions.
its just my opinion that sehwag donesnt deserve it, it doesnt mean its true or is going to happen
Ya okay...that's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. We were discussing the merits of your opinion, that's all. I don't know if he will get it and to tell you the truth, I am not very confident it will happen. Yet I really hope it does. Simply becuase I find Viru an inspirational player. His fearlessness on any track and in any situation (which has been his undoing in the past because of overly aggressive strokeplay at the wrong times) and his cool aggression is the mark of a champion. I love the spirit in his fight that comes shining out through his batting. So I wish him the very best tomorrow and it would bring me great personal satisfaction to see him break the record.
i am now leaving this website, ym advice to some of u guys is to enjoy life, it is not long before u realize you regret about misin out on things.. so please do be socially active, go out play with freinds, posting online everyday on a forum is quite sad.. when im in work, i will ahev to look for new forums to discuss, how would they treat me? if my own kind kick me out with chappal, how can i expect any worse from them.. goodbye..
I wish you good luck wherever you are....though I wish you dont leave.
Not from me...that should be addressed to others...but you and I are having this exchange. I think Sehwag is doing it in the best possible way that he knows how to...and what I see is very pleasing to my eye. It is not his fault that the track is not seaming square...he can only play with what he is given. And his career is not over yet, so I would not underestimate him. He got out a lot in NZ/SA in the past because of very poor shot selection...cutting too close to the body etc. I have seen a mraked change in his batting since he got back into the side. His shot selection has become superb and he knows his game much better. Next time a seaming track comes along, just watch how he goes. Both sides have to play on it. It throws the bowlers different challenges and the batsmen different challenges. India bowled SA out didn't they? Now how did they do that? Persistence. Graft. Guile. Toil. Subtle spin. Cricket is not a one-dimensional game to be played only on one kind of track...each track has it's challenges and it's par score...and it also has it's own timetable, where strategy comes into play. This track will become very difficult late day 4 and day 5. You have to adjust your game accordingly. If cricket were to be played on one kind of track all the time, seaming and fast bowler friendly, the batsmen would evolve accordingly to only play to those conditions. Ya okay...that's your opinion. And you are entitled to it. We were discussing the merits of your opinion, that's all. I don't know if he will get it and to tell you the truth, I am not very confident it will happen. Yet I really hope it does. Simply becuase I find Viru an inspirational player. His fearlessness on any track and in any situation (which has been his undoing in the past because of overly aggressive strokeplay at the wrong times) and his cool aggression is the mark of a champion. I love the spirit in his fight that comes shining out through his batting. So I wish him the very best tomorrow and it would bring me great personal satisfaction to see him break the record.
Superb post. Too good. :hatsoff:
Cochise, I agree with your 3 and 4 points, I think your post warratned a response.. You are a v knowledgable poster, you seem wise and good luck!, hopefully we will win this match Bye..
No worries Ramesh...we may differ in opinion...that's what discussion is all about. No need to leave. Relax...hang around.

This Ramesh dood looks like a genius. This is the 4th or 5th nugget he's dropped in as many posts. Amidst the gems he has managed to post (ridden with typos), he has managed to sneak in an authoritative post or two questioning the site's integrity, unfair advertising and what not! A megalomaniac & a simpleton, rolled into one burrito:haha:

no puttar, i didnt say that, i said tendulkar is selfish but d/g are tigers.. do u have comprehension problems? Tendulkar is classy player destroyed many attacks, him lara, werew playing when bowlers were at their peaks, waqar,wasim, akthar, ,, but sehwaq has to face the broads, samis and co.. even i could have scored 400 on this pitch..
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Our dear Ramesh also campaigned on a Pakistani forum trying yo draw support on his "Viru is does not deserve 400" opinion. I am quite sure its the same guy as I cant think anyone else can start this line of argument on a night when all world but the saffers await a new record. BTW I have been on quite a few forums and am overwhelmed by the support people have shown for Viru irrespective of nationality. Of course there are haters, but they have been hugely outnumbered by those who want to see Viru reach 400.

Of course it's in danger and it will always be in danger once a batsman goes pass 300. Jayawardene made 374 against South Africa, he had a chance to do it and failed. Sehwag still has a way to go but I truly hope he makes it. If he makes 400 then he might as well go totally berserk on them and race towards 500 like no tomorrow. Sehwag has the capability to do this and I won't be surprised if more records tumble today.

Of course it's in danger and it will always be in danger once a batsman goes pass 300. Jayawardene made 374 against South Africa' date=' he had a chance to do it and failed. Sehwag still has a way to go but I truly hope he makes it. If he makes 400 then he might as well go totally berserk on them and race towards 500 like no tomorrow. Sehwag has the capability to do this and I won't be surprised if more records tumble today.[/quote'] I dont think its in danger every time a batsman goes past 300. The captain also should have the luxury to allow enough time to the batsman without compromising chances of a result. In most cases, a declaration is due as soon as a batsman reaches 300 or he runs out of partners. Viru has almost everything going in his favor: 1. He is well placed at 309. 2. His captain would like to bat till tea the next day....the captain does not have to give him extra time. 3. If he scores 400, it will increase the chances of a victory for his team- its not a record for the sake of the record. Its a record obtained while chasing a victory. 4. Not too many wickets have fellen...so he is in no risk of running out of partners. The rest of the batsmen to follow are all solid. 5. The other batsmen who batted with him did not score much...they were just giving him company allowing him to do the bulk of the scoring. Everything seems so well placed.