Is Lara's 400 in danger?

DomainK

I am happy that he did not succumb to the heat and stood there all day. Speaks volumes of his determination and concentration. I was scared that a tired shot would appear out of no where after the 300, but he kept his cool. He needs some damn good rest so that he can get out there fresh again tomorrow morning.

Most batsmen in the lineup, Sachin, dada, Laxman and Dhoni are capable of scoring fast. Its possible and probable that India takes 150 runs lead and then Kumbe gets the opportunity of magic on day 4 evening. This game will be very interesting on day 5.

But if India decides to bat till Tea tomorrow I think a draw is inevitable. In that case I would vouch for Veeru to complete his 400. In other words, Veeru is told tomorrow to try for his 400 and as a plan B India upgrades Dhoni to accelarate the drive until 560-570 well before Tea.

But if India decides to bat till Tea tomorrow I think a draw is inevitable. In that case I would vouch for Veeru to complete his 400. In other words' date=' Veeru is told tomorrow to try for his 400 and as a plan B India upgrades Dhoni to accelarate the drive until 560-570 well before Tea.[/quote'] Indirectly you are praying for Dravid's early dismissal:D
Indirectly you are praying for Dravid's early dismissal:D
Hahaha...Please I dont want to be the bearer of a controversy now. RD has played very well today and has done what he is known best for. i would rather have him finish his 10K and then hit the gas (if he can). By the way, the pitch seems to be playing ball and not crumbling (atleast not yet) which kinda raises my hopes.

i hope sehwag doesnt gret the 400, i feel only the clasiest batsmen in cricket should hold that record, like say Viv richards, lara, sachin bhai, no one else apart from them 3, 3 of them retired.. tho i wudnt mind sachin getting 400, but first he has to get past 300

But if India decides to bat till Tea tomorrow I think a draw is inevitable. In that case I would vouch for Veeru to complete his 400. In other words' date=' Veeru is told tomorrow to try for his 400 and as a plan B India upgrades Dhoni to accelarate the drive until 560-570 well before Tea.[/quote'] On the contrary, its in India's interest to take as much of a lead as possible. Reasons? 1)If SA were given a chance they will rather bat put the time instead of setting India a target. a draw would be sealed. 2) Day 5 pitch would be (I hope) more difficult to bat on than Day 4's 3) SA will have the pressure of the lead and this can trigger a collapse 4) India might have to bat only once or for a short while in the 4th inings! India will also have the best use of the pitch on day 5!
i hope sehwag doesnt gret the 400, i feel only the clasiest batsmen in cricket should hold that record, like say Viv richards, lara, sachin bhai, no one else apart from them 3, 3 of them retired.. tho i wudnt mind sachin getting 400, but first he has to get past 300
Sick!:bike: