SA Tactics: Defensive, Negative and Pathetic

Chaos

But the comms are praising SA so much. They are nuts. If inida played like that the comms would be hammering them. Boucher for one was truly awful
haha yea, that commy said it was IMPOSSIBLE to stump laxman, haha what a joka. Gilly would have SWOLLOWED it.
You are saying "umpires let it happen" General legstump or outside legstump bowling is allowed in Test cricket. I dont know what "lawbook" says, but traditionally this is allowed. So, not umpires fault.
No its not. If u bowl that line, u have to have field INSIDE not spreaded out.

Paul Harris' line should not have been tolerated by the umpires and it is technically in violation of "Bringing the game into disrepute". Left arm over the wicket, bowling deliberately outside leg stump should be wided more harshly in Test matches, imo.

Its not the first time its happening. Forgot Giles? The only way he knew to encounter Sachin was bowling wide outside leg stump. Negative bowling is an effective strategy and I wont blame SA for adopting it as they had little choice after Viru's onslaught. From what I recall of the rules (I can be wrong), umpires have been given the freedom to start calling wides if they believe a negative strategy is being used. If too many wides are consistently bowled, an umpire can call wides and tus force the bowler to come back to a more competitive line. Though the umpires have the freedom, traditionally they havent used it.

Its not the first time its happening. Forgot Giles? The only way he knew to encounter Sachin was bowling wide outside leg stump. Negative bowling is an effective strategy and I wont blame SA for adopting it as they had little choice after Viru's onslaught.
Two points: 1. Giles vaguely attacked the stumps by spinning it out of the rough where Harris made no effort to do so. 2. Harris could have stopped bowling there once Viru was out.