Who should bat at No.6, Kaify or Yuvraj??

Who should bat at No.6, Kaify or Yuvraj??  

1. 1.

People succeeding in ODIs and failing in tests are dime a dozen' date=' the converse admittedly is rare. But that's not even the entire point. You and many others try to use his performances in ODIs as an indicator for his success in tests. It doesn't work like that. Even when he was in superb ODI form a couple of seasons back and a few months back he bombed in tests. What wrong have others done not to be given a chance ahead of him?[/quote'] And I also keep repeating the same thing again, Yuvraj made his ODI debut in 2001, but it wasnt until 2005 that he truly converted himself into a world-beating batsman. I am convinced that he can do that in tests too. Let me also make clear that I am not against inclusion of FC power-houses like Badrinath, but we must also keep the prevailing circumstances in mind before dropping or selecting anyone. The Big 3 are mere months away from hanging their boots up and we need experienced players to replace 'em, I am pretty sure the continuous inclusion of Yuvraj in the test squad is with keeping an eye on this angle. Within the next 15 month, guys like Yuvraj and Kaif and few other new comers will take over the middle order. Its imperative Yuvraj is around and in good form, by the time the golden oldies bow out.
Temperament? A FC average around 40 shows no temperament for playing long innings - a must for test cricket. Talent? Pakistan is full of talented cricketers' date=' maybe Yuvraj should try out his chances there in a country where selection process is based on talent and not performance.[/quote'] Why you continue to insist on having FC record as the ultimate test of test success, I dont understand. Stuart Clark averages 28 in FC cricket with the ball, but his ave. in international cricket is 21. Besides, FC records are a barometer for potential only for unknown players, players who havent played international cricket before. You see their numbers and take a judgment call on whether they can succeed at the top level. But for guys like, who have already succeeded at the top level, albeit in a different form, there is no need to go back to searching FC record for answers.
There are many reasons for it and have been said at various times on this board including this thread. Just because you prefer to close your eyes to them and keep on going gaga about ODIs doesn't mean those reasons don't exist.
I am open-minded about this, you are free to convince me as you wish. Only, I would like to see some forthright points, that is all. My contention all the while has been that ' he has succeeded at one form of the game, there is no reason why he cant do it do it in other form.
Hayden' date=' Langer, Martyn all did hard yards in domestic cricket piling on runs and performances. That's exactly what Yuvraj should be doing after bombing in test matches rather than being carried around in the team as a first choice middle order replacement when there are so many better batsmen available in the country. Many people have come back strongly after poor starts but not by carrying drinks, playing in the nets, and w@nking off in one interview after another about how much they want to play test cricket.[/quote'] Agree in principle to this point. But Yuvi has been carrying this knee injury for a while and needs as much rest as possible.