all time best allrounders in one day vote yours

For me allrounder defines the ability to bat, bowl, and field well. As correctly mentioned, Sobers only played 1 ODI and scored all of 0 runs. So, he cannot be in the list. Despite my respect for Irfan Pathan, he is not a *great* allrounder to be included amongst the other legends. Having Afridi in that list in an insult to the others, to be honest. He's a very very unpredictable player. Adam Gilchrist can be considered a superb wicketkeeping-batsman, I don't think that counts as an allrounder to be honest but if we're considering wicketkeeper-batsman, then Gilchrist is #1 by a long long way. Compared to the others in the list R. Hadlee was not a great success with the bat. Chris Cairns, though was superb, wasn't instrumental in his bowling an awful lot of times. So that shortens the list between #3-#7. Out of that, I would say Kapil, Imran Khan, Ian Botham, and Kallis are all fast-medium pacers. So in that sense, they have an advantage over Viv Richards. But none of them can even match 50% of what Viv achieved with the bat (psychologically and statistically). I think its very hard to choose from this list but I'll say Viv Richards is my preferred all rounder, and Kapil Dev being a close second (for me).

Chris Cairns Tendulkar - may not be an exceptional bowler, but i think his batting makes up for it there was a time when ganguly was the best remember the 5-for's he was picking up Afridi Razzaq Gayle Samuels - has the potential, needs to stop chucking the ball though Ian Harvey - May not have achieved that much on the international scene, but had great potential which was shown in domestic Freddie had his time, fell away in his batting though that ginger bloke pollock - what a legend

ZULU - At his prime he could change the match both with the ball and the bat. None of the other all rounders today can really say that. Kapil, Botham would be the others. My basis is that these cricketers could change the match with either bowling or batting in any match in their prime. Imran Khan great bowler but bad bat, became a great bat but his bowling declined.