Inzi, Moin might thinking of suing Shoaib

Karachi: Beleaguered Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar could face another legal wrangle for reportedly dragging former captains Inzamam-ul Haq and Moin Khan into match-fixing scandals. Shoaib apparently told a television show host that both Inzamam and Moin offered him money to under-perform in some matches, an allegation that left Inzamam livid. “We are waiting to see what happens. But myself and Moin are consulting and we will then decide to may be sue him,†Inzamam told a Pakistani television channel on Sunday. He said they would wait till the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the International Cricket Council’s decision against him (Shoaib) for making those allegations. Shoaib earlier claimed that he had turned down offers from bookies in South Africa and India to under-perform. Inzamam gave enough indications that he was taking the allegations seriously. “He is trying to drag us into this match fixing issue. We will wait and see and then do something,†the former batsman said. Inzamam said Shoaib was making baseless allegations to save himself from the ban. “What can I say about Shoaib? His whole career has been full of controversies. Those who have played with him know him well. He has got into one scrap after another,†he said. “This ban is because of his repeated bad behaviour. Yes, five years is a bit harsh but the ban is totally justified,†he stated. He however, expressed of having little clue why former captains like Imran Khan and Javed Miandad, who had never played with the fast bowler were supportive. “Imran never played with Shoaib. He (Shoaib) never played in Imran’s team. So they don’t know the sort of character he is. But those who know him will never support him,†Inzamam stated. He said it was unfortunate that Shoaib had resorted to making wild allegations after the ban. “I think the PCB should be supported for finally taking disciplinary action. But I think whatever he is saying has only got him into more trouble,†he added. The PCB, meanwhile, has dismissed reports that the ICC has sent a notice to Shoaib for not revealing about the offers made to him to under-perform. “No, we have no such information as yet,†a PCB official said. The ICC has already confirmed that they will be talking to Shoaib. Link - http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080407/jsp/sports/story_9104526.jsp

Shoaib has pushed the envelope too much and this time, he may pay a heavy price for it. Like Inzy, I cant believe people like Imran and Miandad are actually supporting Shoaib. They should know that Shoaib is tumor that has been afflicting Pakistan cricket for so long. His mere presence is discrediting everything that there is, about Pakistan cricket. Assuming that PCB is really serious about keeping him out this time ( who knows, this may all be part of a larger plan to create controversy and deflect attention of other pressing issues), its the best possible signal they could send out current and prospective Pak cricketers that indiscipline will NOT be tolerated. Good teams arent borne out of talent, it comes from Discipline. If Discipline was God, then Shoaib was the devil, the anti-christ. His conduct record is nothing short of appalling, he should have been gotten rid of 4-4 years ago.

Inzamam, Moin consider suing Shoaib Akhtar Beleaguered speedster Shoaib Akhtar could face another legal wrangle for reportedly dragging former captains Inzamam-ul-Haq and Moin Khan into match-fixing scandals. Akhtar apparently told a TV show host that both Inzamam and Moin offered him money to under-perform in some matches, an allegation that left Inzamam livid. "We are waiting to see what happens. But myself and Moin are consulting and we will then decide to may be sue him," Inzamam told a Pakistani television channel on Sunday. He said he and Moin would wait to see what action was taken by the Pakistan Cricket Board and the International Cricket Council against Akhtar for making those allegations. Akhtar earlier claimed he had turned down offers from bookmakers in South Africa and India to under-perform. Inzamam gave enough indications that he was taking the allegations seriously. "He has tried to drag us into this match fixing issue. We will wait and see and then do something," he said. Inzamam said Akhtar was making baseless allegations to save himself from the ban. "What can I say about Shoaib? His whole career has been full of controversies. Those who have played with him know him well. He has got into one scrap after another," he said. "This ban was coming because of his repeated bad behaviour. Yes, five years is a bit harsh but the ban is totally justified," he stated. Asked why former captains like Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were supporting Akhtar, Inzamam said they did not know him or had not played with him. "Imran never played with Shoaib. Shoaib never played in Imran's team. So they don't know the sort of character he is. But those who know him will never support him," Inzamam stated. He said it was unfortunate Akhtar had resorted to making wild allegations after the ban. "I think the Pakistan board should be supported for finally taking disciplinary action. But I think whatever he is saying has only got him into more trouble," he added.