Nechim (ICL India) bowls at 135kph on average

Rohip

get out of the world dude.. why u call every bowler who bowls less then 130 or 130, a trundler.. just hate to see or read such post @topic.. that guy was bowling well.. but then it was twenty20.. 4 over spell. doesn't define much about a player.. unless he seems to be bowling very phaashttt

I was watching this guy bowl today and he got it up to aroun 138/139 sometimes but on average he was bowling abt 135. He looks quite raw but is surely better than 120kph trundlers like Munaf and Irfan? This is what I was worried about when the ICL thing started... http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=72737
Firstly, bowlers can all bowl faster in T20 because they do not need to bowl at a pace which must be sustained for a period of time. Sreesanth and RP Singh both bowled at 140kph in the World T20 which is about 10kph more than they bowl in Test matches or in the latter overs of ODIs. Furthermore, Munaf Patel is not a 120kph trundler. When unfit, he occasionally bowls from 128-130kph; but in the Pakistan series and in the first two games of the CB Series, he touched 140kph on a few occasions. Irfan Pathan also showed himself to bowl at similar paces to Nechim in the World T20 - so that comment was slightly random from you.
Firstly' date=' bowlers can all bowl faster in T20 because they do not need to bowl at a pace which must be sustained for a period of time. Sreesanth and RP Singh both bowled at 140kph in the World T20 which is about 10kph more than they bowl in Test matches or in the latter overs of ODIs.[/quote'] How much ICL have you seen exactly? All the bowlers have been well down on their usual speeds. Sami and Bond are barely touching 140k. Guys like Rana are bowling 125k, I remember him bowling 140s when he was playing India in ODI The speeds in T20 have been way down because bowlers are trying to take pace off the ball to stop mishits going for boundaries

I have seen the entire ICL tournament and although I notice this trend, you cannot possibly suggest that this is occuring with Nechim bowling at 135kph. Mohammad Sami and Shane Bond are both bowling at the sort of pace that they would bowl in an ODI - Mohammad Sami has lost a lot of pace since his earlier days, as has Shane Bond. Look at Sami's pace in India in the past Test series as well as Bond's pace in the 2007 World Cup - both bore similarity to their ICL paces.