This Question had to be asked for Jaffer...

Ram

This Question had to be asked for Jaffer...  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

It'll be unfortunate if Jaffer is dropped, coz as Tics has pointed out, he is still a VERY good opening batsman with a fantastic innings building appetite. But, in these times of`extreme competition, he has pushed his luck a bit too far. Even till the beginning of this series, almost everyone was unanimous that Jaffer should be in the team, his failures in Australia notwithstanding. He has one chance to save his career in the 4th innings. Its almost do or die for him. Can he do it ?
dont blow ur love to jaffer if u didnt see him bat. He is TERRIBLE. Purest of FTB who cant score in SA, AUS and even in england he was MEDIOCORE. India has BETTER opener's than this fackin rascal. Cant field, cant bat, complete pathetic cricketer

Jaffer will be a valuable asset for India when they tour Sri Lanka this summer. Dropping him for failing to score big against the two best bowling attacks in the world makes no sense. I doubt Gambhir would have done any better and playing a strokeless wonder like Chopra would have been akin to playing one batsman down right from the start. Like him or not, he is the best opener India has at the moment.

How is Rahane? He's had some awesome knocks for Mumbai. He's very young but he could potentially be a good opener? Would it be wise for us to give him a chance? I don't know if this was his first cricket season or something but he's done well against England Lions, etc.

Gambhi is my bet. Unlike Jaffer, he can play equally well off the front foot as well as the back foot. Thats the first quality of an opener to be able to adjust to different conditions. Secondly, he is equally good at defending and attacking. A perfect partner for Sehwag. If Sehwag gets going, Gambhir can compliment him as an anchor and if Sehwag gets out early, Gambir can take the aggressor's role.

I'm sure if VVS had a similar run of scores and someone called for him to be dropped' date=' you'd be bawling your eyes out at the very suggestion.[/quote'] Yea but the fact of the manner is that Laxman has a good season. In England, Australia, and Pakistan, and mediocre series against SAF so that puts all thoughts of him being dropped to a rest. As far as Jaffer is concerned its been two series failures now, is he really worthy of keeping Gautam Gambhir on the bench?

Another failure in the 4th innings ! He would have done his cause no harm had he made an unbeaten 30, but by getting out again to a pacer early in his innings, Jaffer has just confirmed his failings against top-class pace bowling. I'd be terribly surprised if he is still in the squad for the next test series, home or away. I think its a four-way race between Gambhir-Karthik-Chopra-Parthiv. Personally, I hope its someone between Karthik and Parthiv. I dont rate Gambhir as a test match opening batsman and Chopra is tried, tested and discarded product. Karthik was unfairly dropped after just one bad series against Pakistan and Patel has been scoring runs by the millions and has the most compact technique amongst Kathik and Gambhir is way way more attacking than Chopra.