poor footwork by new indian openers

I am so  sad that the modern indian batsmen have such poor footwork.three of the best indian prospect in Shaw,Gill and even Padikkal have such bad footwork and i dont know f they will ever overcome it.you can replace Shaws legs with 2 tree stumps and the result will be identical.Gill never gets to the pitch of the ball,he played well on ultra flat wickets in Australia but i fear his lack of footwork is going to a hindrance in him solidifying his Test status.Padikkal is also a concern,his front foot is always stick in the pitch,he gets away with it in white ball cricket but right now he is not Test material.

Just now, BacktoCricaddict said:

Just one quibble - were the wkts in Australia really ultra flat?  Especially Brisbane, where he outdid many of our established stars?

it was flat even in brisbane.most of the time Gabba wickets deteriorate on day 4-5 with big cracks.

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

So, by flat, you don't mean necessarily easy to bat on; it's just the ball is not swinging, turning and/or giving uneven bounce?

no,i am just talking about the 4th test BRisbane wicket, compared to other Tests there is was much easier to bat on day 5.