Averages and strike-rates in T-20

I don't claim to be a stat-rat by any stretch, but I was wondering about batting averages/SRs in the various formats. For Tests, an average of 50+ puts you in the "elite" category. It can be argued that SRs shouldn't matter here. For 50-over LOIs, an average of 40+ with an 80+ SR puts you in the elite category (it is a sliding scale, of course). For T20s, would those numbers be 30+ and 150+ SR?

For the absolute elite... Test matches. A strike rate over 40 is required, imo so that useful contributions can be constructed within a reasonable time frame when the rest of the team has collapsed. An average of 45 or over puts you in the elite category. An average of over 50 can reach the part when strike rate is irrelevant. ODIs: SR of 90, average of 35. SR of 80, average of 40. Strike rate of 75, average of over 40. T20: SR of 150, average of 30, SR of 125-150, average of 35.

For T20s, would those numbers be 30+ and 150+ SR?
That sounds just about right, though I would even go to the point of downgrading SR to 140, given how high the ave is. Any ave over 130 is great in T20, anything over 40 is pure brilliance.

CricAddict may be right.... But i dont think averages do not matter in One day or in T20. I mean to say you cannot judge a person with a average in one day and T20. Somehow i feel there are too many T20 which is diluting the game. i am a great fan of test match cricket played between any top cricketing nations. You dont get the same kind of satisfaction in T20. Bowlers coming hard at you and the batsman battling throught the hard session and scoring when they are set. These kind of good feeling, you dont get in a T20. I am not blaming T20. At one point of time, it will sour and become an overdosage. You have to restrict the no of T20 matches played. Lesser the no of matches more sweeter it is!

i think averages in T20 are irrellevant considering most good innings in T20 matches end up not out.. thats why you see alot of guys averaging 50+ in T20... it doesn't really mean anything. T20 is all about the strike rate. ODI is a combination of the 2 and tests are all about the average (as long as you dont score as slow as Dravid zzzz)

i think averages in T20 are irrellevant considering most good innings in T20 matches end up not out.. thats why you see alot of guys averaging 50+ in T20... it doesn't really mean anything. T20 is all about the strike rate. ODI is a combination of the 2 and tests are all about the average (as long as you dont score as slow as Dravid zzzz)
His Strkie Rate this year has been his worst strike rate of his career http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/player/28114.html?class=1;template=results;type=batting

combine the avges & sr's in such a way to take out 50-over scores in odis & 20-over scores in 20/20. the players at the top of these lists will be the best if it tends to put a lot of emphasis on sr, consider 7 wickets lost as all-out for a player. ideally more than 7 batsman should not be required to bat in odis & 20/20 for test matches, sr's can matter nowadays. we can take out 112.3(90*5=450, 450/4=112 overs 3 balls) over scores for players in test matches