Aadhar services - What's the point of calling it services

Real McCoy

8 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

:lol: No agricultural income is taxed, so they dont have to file the IT returns. My relative earns more than 1 crore per year, yet he doesnt pay tax as thats from agri income.

Less than 5% people file IT returns..If thats not considered a threshold, govt could as well abolish the threshold and give free rice to everyone including Ambani and Adani.

I don't know which state you live in but even though centre doesn't impose agri tax, a state may. 1 crore of income means he has considerable amount of land for agriculture. good for him. Not many have that kind of luxury. There are also laborers who don't have land. You haven't even touched the towns and cities where most people live.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I don't know which state you live in but even though centre doesn't impose agri tax, a state may. 1 crore of income means he has considerable amount of land for agriculture. good for him. Not many have that kind of luxury. There are also laborers who don't have land. You haven't even touched the towns and cities where most people live.

We're talking about income tax and state has no jurisdiction on income tax. We're not talking about labourers here as they don't pay income tax.