Rahul Dravid- Worst Captain

straighttalk

Guest HariSampath
Hari' date=' sure his strategies, team composition and selection maybe questionable, but BRC isnt as bad a team as it looks. That is all I am saying.[/quote'] Thats what I disagree with. BRC IS a poor team. Batters : Jaffer, Chanderpaul, Dravid, Taylor, Kallis....HOW many can play a matchwinning t20 inngs ?? Not even ONE, even Taylor is a 40-50 player, rest are ALL duds. Bowlers : Zaheer, Steyn, PK, Kallis , Kumble, Joshi. How many T20 winning bolwers ? AND even with this attack, on a pitch assisting bowlers and stroke play hardly possible, Dhoni and CSK batters assessed the situation beautifully. I had said at the begining of the matchthread when Hayden and Parthiv were struggling that clever cricket was required, and it was a 160-170 match and also that all CSK needed to do was play normal cricket and aim for 3-4 great overs. Dhoni did EXACTLY that, along with other CSK batters. batted normally , ensured they got to 140 by 18th over, and then went besrsek. Mind you there was fantastic method in their approach, when you consider they still had hitters like Oram, Morkel and Badri not even used for batting. Kings 11 was supposed to have a great bowling lineup with Lee, Irfan, Sree , Chawla etc, but CSK took them for 240. BRC is supposed to have a great bowling lineup and even on this wicket CSK took them out for 180, and add the 200+ against Mumbai plus the dessimation of KKR by 9 wkts, and you get the picture. CSK was always supposed to have a weak bowling, but see how these "weak bowlers" ( Oram, Jogi, Gony, Amar etc) did against Mumbai, against KKR and today too. The issue is what you make of the resources and how you add it up to win, batting and bowling. Here Dhoni has come up trumps...in all kinds of situations, he has an Oram, a Jogi or Murali or a Gony or Amar to do the job. In batting, he has always got Hayden or Hussey, or even when they fail, Rainas, Badris, and he himself to do the job with half the batting not even being used in all the games. The key is a quality team will have everyone performing. In Superkings, Parthiv, Hayden, Hussey, Raina, Badri, Dhoni have ALL clicked at some point, and in bowling Jogi, Gony, Murali, Oram, Amar have ALL made matchwinning contributions in each game. And the CSK has been the BEST fielding team in the IPL. And Chennai has the BEST captain in India, possibly the world too. Result ? 4 out of 4 WON.

And Chennai has the BEST captain in India, possibly the world too. Result ? 4 out of 4 WON.
Gee I am a big fan of Dhoni, but will you relax??? Right now I think Shane Warne is the better captain for winning with the INEXPERIENCED team he has - worse is most of them can't speak English and he can't speak Hindi - and still they have coordinated damn well You havent played my team (Chargers) or Royals yet - play Royals twice and see the outcome then....Royals are on a high and I feel Warne is utilizing his resources brilliantly

The issue is what you make of the resources and how you add it up to win, batting and bowling. Here Dhoni has come up trumps...in all kinds of situations, he has an Oram, a Jogi or Murali or a Gony or Amar to do the job. In batting, he has always got Hayden or Hussey, or even when they fail, Rainas, Badris, and he himself to do the job with half the batting not even being used in all the games.
You hit the nail on the head. Chennai will win *because* of Dhoni. He will find a way to take this team home, regardless of the conditions, opponents, form, fitness & availability of his own players. Dhoni quickly sizes up his own players & his opponents and is extremely shrewd in marshalling his resources. He quickly senses changes in momentum within sub contests of the main contest & adapts. The result is a partnership breaking bowling or a fielding change or a match winning penultimate over or a clincher in the final over. Some say, Dhoni has the midas touch, he is lucky and all. Bull ****! You could pull off one victory by luck or may be two, not time after time, with such regularity. The best leaders in history never followed luck. They always had luck following them. When Hayden & Hussey leave, you will suddenly start seeing Badrinath flourish. Instead of Oram, Ntini or a Morkel will return with a 3fer. Dhoni will turn himself into a Hussey, should early wickets fall. Thats how he makes his luck. The results will follow.

You hit the nail on the head. Chennai will win *because* of Dhoni. He will find a way to take this team home, regardless of the conditions, opponents, form, fitness & availability of his own players. Dhoni quickly sizes up his own players & his opponents and is extremely shrewd in marshalling his resources. He quickly senses changes in momentum within sub contests of the main contest & adapts. The result is a partnership breaking bowling or a fielding change or a match winning penultimate over or a clincher in the final over. Some say, Dhoni has the midas touch, he is lucky and all. Bull ****! You could pull off one victory by luck or may be two, not time after time, with such regularity. The best leaders in history never followed luck. They always had luck following them. When Hayden & Hussey leave, you will suddenly start seeing Badrinath flourish. Instead of Oram, Ntini or a Morkel will return with a 3fer. Dhoni will turn himself into a Hussey, should early wickets fall. Thats how he makes his luck. The results will follow.
I LUUUUUUUURVE this thread. :icflove:

NO I don't think Dhoni has a Midas touch - rather he pays attention to detail and has an aggressive instinct, which makes him very successful. After the end of the game today, Dhoni was talking about the bowlers not shining the ball till 15th over - rather than typical winning captain response of "yeah the boys played really well blah blah". In fact, he rocked in the Kanpur test due to the bowling changes, something Kumble would never have done. I feel Dhoni should be test captain because of this - he takes note of every aspect of a match as it progresses, something that Kumble fails to do (for example, Sehwag suggested to continue bowling Sharma in Perth) and Dravid failed to do. Hopefully we can have more wins than draws then, and actually think of ourselves as a genuine second in the world (and try for first)

Guest HariSampath
Gee I am a big fan of Dhoni, but will you relax??? Right now I think Shane Warne is the better captain for winning with the INEXPERIENCED team he has - worse is most of them can't speak English and he can't speak Hindi - and still they have coordinated damn well You havent played my team (Chargers) or Royals yet - play Royals twice and see the outcome then....Royals are on a high and I feel Warne is utilizing his resources brilliantly
2 against Chargers plus 2 against Royals, we would certainly win 3 at least. Warnie is captaining well now, but Dhoni is a FAR better skipper than Warne. If the Royals are on a high...what about CSK !!!!:omg:

Guest HariSampath

Mods....this is becoming a "Dhoni captaincy thread" plus " Chennai SuperKings strenghts" thread....since I dont see any similar thread started, can someone spawn off the last few posts and form a new thread , for example " Dhoni effect on Chennai Superkings"...will be a very fitting thread on a day when the Indian skipper has won the MoM with his blistering knock and captaincy and taken CSK to 4 staright wins. ( I dont waht this topic to be lost in a Dravid captaincy thread) Thnx

2 against Chargers plus 2 against Royals, we would certainly win 3 at least. Warnie is captaining well now, but Dhoni is a FAR better skipper than Warne. If the Royals are on a high...what about CSK !!!!:omg:
Arrogant are we?? CSK without Hayden/Hussey/Oram (and stop gloating about Fleming being an adequate replacement for Hussey) against a full RR team...if you think you can win two against that + two against a solid batting lineup of DC (plus our underrated bowling with Afridi, RP, Vaas) = arrogance maaaan

Guest HariSampath

No arrogance here, just assessment and confidence. RR = 2 games won by Watson, now he is gone. DC is a one horse trick ( Gilly), and if he doesnt fire DC=gone..and no Symmo too. An attack with Vaas, Afridi, RP is not likely to trouble Chennai , because we had taken Brett Lee, Irfan, Sree etc in Kings 11 for 240, and also Steyn Zak kallis Pravin today for 180 on that pitch. We may lose Hayden and Hussey in batting, but we have Fleming and Morkel in. We also have the best middle order of Raina, Dhoni and Badri, all of whom are firing now. An attack with already all bowlers doing extremely well, plus Ntini and Murali. Read the thread up above. I feel if at all any side can push us seriously, it is the Delhi Daredevils, and we all know what happens if Sehwag goes early.

No arrogance here, just assessment and confidence. RR = 2 games won by Watson, now he is gone. DC is a one horse trick ( Gilly), and if he doesnt fire DC=gone..and no Symmo too. An attack with Vaas, Afridi, RP is not likely to trouble Chennai , because we had taken Brett Lee, Irfan, Sree etc in Kings 11 for 240, and also Steyn Zak kallis Pravin today for 180 on that pitch. We may lose Hayden and Hussey in batting, but we have Fleming and Morkel in.
Hmm - Watson is going nowhere - and you think Warne's bowling had nothing to do with the wins?? What about Smith's batting up top (he scored 49 in the previous game, and a 50 against Deccan)... And like I said, compare records of Fleming with Hayden...and Morkel with Hussey - whichever way you like to spin it...those two are irreplaceable dude...so in that way, Hussey won you guys 1 game, Hayden + Oram 1 game..and now they are gone I think you meant to say one trick pony (but in your excitement, started blabbering something else like our commentators) - but as confident as you are, even I'm confident DC will prove you wrong :-D

Hari reminds me of political party leaders, when they address the media just before election results are about to be announced. They will sound so confident and gung-ho and if you are to believe 'em, everything about them is right and everything about the other parties is wrong. Hari sounds just like that, when he talks bout the Chennai Super Kings. :D

Guest HariSampath
Hmm - Watson is going nowhere - and you think Warne's bowling had nothing to do with the wins?? What about Smith's batting up top (he scored 49 in the previous game, and a 50 against Deccan)... And like I said, compare records of Fleming with Hayden...and Morkel with Hussey - whichever way you like to spin it...those two are irreplaceable dude...so in that way, Hussey won you guys 1 game, Hayden + Oram 1 game..and now they are gone I think you meant to say one trick pony (but in your excitement, started blabbering something else like our commentators) - but as confident as you are, even I'm confident DC will prove you wrong :-D
Wanna take a bet ? Chennai will win 3 out of 4 games ( 2 against RR and 2 against DC ) ?:giggle: and in a team like CSK, with a bunch of left handers , and more particularly very good Indian batters who are clicking, Warnie is no issue, but I dont think RR or DC have anyone to counter the 4 overs of Murali. If Daredevils can thrash RR, so can we...btw, still we are unbeaten..and its 4 in a row...so I guess the blabbering is from you and not me.

Guest HariSampath
Hari reminds me of political party leaders' date=' when they address the media just before election results are about to be announced. They will sound so confident and gung-ho and if you are to believe 'em, everything about them is right and everything about the other parties is wrong. Hari sounds just like that, when he talks bout the Chennai Super Kings. :D[/quote'] Sure...its just that my "party"...seems to be thrashing everyone in sight.....errr...speaking of political leaders etc...hasnt someone here been confused on whom to support, then split loyalties between CSK and Mumbai, before finally abandoning the Mumbai team after seeing they were thrashed, to join the Chennai bandwagon, and now creating a dozen threads on Chennai wins ?? ....:giggle:...hmmm, food for thought

Sure...its just that my "party"...seems to be thrashing everyone in sight.....errr...speaking of political leaders etc...hasnt someone here been confused on whom to support' date=' then split loyalties between CSK and Mumbai, before finally abandoning the Mumbai team after seeing they were thrashed, to join the Chennai bandwagon, and now creating a dozen threads on Chennai wins ?? ....:giggle:...hmmm, food for thought[/quote'] Lol, you gotto be joking if you took my 'loyalty shifting' seriously. I was just fooling around, getting the pulse of IPL and the franchise based model.:D. My heart is where home is, alwayyyys Madras. :two_thumbs_up:.I have been supporting CSK right from their first match and didnt switch allegiances just coz they won a few. And I dont remember creating 'dozens' of threads on CSK. I do know I opened threads on Rajasthan Royals and the Punjab kings. Anyways, we dont have to fight. We are on the same side. :D

Guest HariSampath

^...now...THATS a politician....like I said, stick to the winning party.....and you may get a cabinet appointment ;-)

Wanna take a bet ? Chennai will win 3 out of 4 games ( 2 against RR and 2 against DC ) ?:giggle: and in a team like CSK, with a bunch of left handers , and more particularly very good Indian batters who are clicking, Warnie is no issue, but I dont think RR or DC have anyone to counter the 4 overs of Murali. If Daredevils can thrash RR, so can we...btw, still we are unbeaten..and its 4 in a row...so I guess the blabbering is from you and not me.
Ok man seems like you are blabbering - for the third time I'm saying that three of your left handers are on the way out- Warney has tortured Fleming - and we've all seen the master of spin (sarcasm), Yuvraj try to hit out Warne and fail....so its not like the king of leg spin sucks against left handers - Parthiv, Raina and Badri haven't played against him yet And I don't know how 2 against RR + 2 against DC = 3 wins. If you're so confident of 4 straight wins against those two teams, yes I'd be happy to take a bet!