Shoaib's five-year ban upheld

CSK Fan

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/348077.html Three-man appellate tribunal arrives at verdict Shoaib's five-year ban upheld Cricinfo staff April 30, 2008 Shoaib Akhtar's appeal against a five-ban imposed on him by the Pakistan board has been rejected by a three-man appellate tribunal, which upheld his punishment while arriving at its verdict in Lahore. While the PCB clarified that Shoaib is free to play in the Indian Premier League, an IPL spokesperson told Cricinfo that their position of not allowing him to take part in the tournament remains the same in "the interests of international discipline." Meanwhile, a Kolkata Knight Riders spokesperson said they will abide by the IPL stand. With both international cricket and the IPL ruled out, one option for Shoaib would have been the Indian Cricket League. The unofficial league does not fall under the Indian board - and has an all- Pakistan team in its Twenty20 tournament. However, its business head, Himanshu Mody, confirmed to Cricinfo the ICL was not in talks with Akhtar to sign up. The tribunal's decision comes just a day after Shoaib apologised to the PCB chairman, Nasim Ashraf, in the second of three hearings. More to follow... © Cricinfo

shoaib should be banned Shoiab Akhtar and the rest of the pakistan team dont deserve to play cricket. There are many reasons to prove my statement: 1. Ball tampering-Culprit= Inzamam Ul Haq-the fatty 2. Hitting their own players= Shoaib Atkhar 3. Taking Drugs=asif and akthar 4. slapping their own coach= shoiab akthat So after all these reasons, Pakistan Officialy should be banned from ICC. PAKISTAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoiab Akhtar and the rest of the pakistan team dont deserve to play cricket. There are many reasons to prove my statement: 1. Ball tampering-Culprit= Inzamam Ul Haq-the fatty 2. Hitting their own players= Shoaib Atkhar 3. Taking Drugs=asif and akthar 4. slapping their own coach= shoiab akthat So after all these reasons, Pakistan Officialy should be banned from ICC. PAKISTAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wat abt a$$clowns sree and bhajji?
wat abt a$ sree and bhajji?
Don't you blame Sree for anything... Harbhjan was just playing with Sreesanth.Sree just got emotional.. But Asif and Akhtar are taking drugs and doing illegal things.. Pakistan needs to quit their cricket for 2 years until they resolve their political prblems..
Shoiab Akhtar and the rest of the pakistan team dont deserve to play cricket. There are many reasons to prove my statement: 1. Ball tampering-Culprit= Inzamam Ul Haq-the fatty 2. Hitting their own players= Shoaib Atkhar 3. Taking Drugs=asif and akthar 4. slapping their own coach= shoiab akthat So after all these reasons, Pakistan Officialy should be banned from ICC. PAKISTAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot to add three more names to that drugs list: Wasim Akram, Mushtaq Ahmed and Aaqib Javed- all three were arrested in West Indies for consuming and possessing illegal drugs. Two female British journalists were also arrested.
You forgot to add three more names to that drugs list: Wasim Akram' date=' Mushtaq Ahmed and Aaqib Javed- all three were arrested in West Indies for consuming and possessing illegal drugs. Two female British journalists were also arrested.[/quote'] Really Aqib Javed ? I still remember his 7 wicket haul against India I was only 13 or 14 years old when I saw that game live but its still hard to forget :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

so let me get this straight: he was not banned for a suspect bowling action he was not banned for numerous on field disciplinary violations he was not banned for drug violations he was however banned because he crossed some of the authorities??? yeah pakistan is indeed the land of the pure...