Education Thread - what are the new skills you are learning?

Austin 3:!6

2 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Since you are an architect in Sec.. IMO it would make more sense for you to go into depth there.

It seems that you are looking at using AI/ML rather than develop AI/ML applications. That doesn;t require you to change your speciality unless you are looking for a complete change in profile. A lateral shift at your level has the downside of not being able to transition horizontally due to a lack of hands on experience in the new field. Cyber sec folks are in really great demand in the industry - esp since most companies are moving/have moved to the cloud. If I were you, I would double down in this area.

AI/ML has applications in pretty much every field in software development. You can understand the basics of AI/ML and its applications through a few courses. After that you will be able to evaluate how AI/ML fits into security. You don't need to be an AI/ML expert to use the software.

What I am saying is ... a car is a great tool to use. You dont need to become an automobile engineer to use it. You just have to become a driver - which can be done easily.

Btw - for anyone looking to use AI/ML in their field .. try using a tool like the AI Canvas https://wearebrain.com/blog/ai-data-science/what-is-an-ai-canvas/

It's a variation of the business model canvas - but gets you thinking about what you need to get started with AI/ML in your line. Btw, AI/ML cannot/should not be used in many situations. There could be logistical, ethical or legal reasons that prevent its use which need to be thought about deeply beforehand.