ODIs || Matchwinners || Batsmen || 1992-2008

9 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

Surprised to find Azhar in the top three, above Dravid and Sehwag. What was so special about Azhar? I hardly remember one winning knock from him...

1st you created a query based on time period 1992-2008

2nd you sorted based on runs 

3rd you are surprised that why Azhar is at #3 (and above Sehwag, who has played since 2001, where opponent dynamics also changed)

4th Some of the “implications” are tied to your “memory”

Common sense dictates that anyone who is a) good, and b) has played more matches over a time period where opponent strength varies will have more runs  :facepalm: 

Edited by zen
10 minutes ago, zen said:

1st you created a query based on time period 1992-2008

2nd you sorted based on runs 

3rd you are surprised that why Azhar is at #3 (and above Sehwag, who has played since 2001, where opponent dynamics also changed)

4th Some of the “implications” are tied to your “memory”

Common sense dictates that anyone who is a) good, and b) has played more matches over a time period where opponent strength varies will have more runs  :facepalm: 

Should I split up the period into two halves? 1992-2001, 2002-2011?

10 minutes ago, DarkProfile said:

Should I split up the period into two halves? 1992-2001, 2002-2011?

Ind played a lot of tri series in 90s … There were Hero Cup, Titan Cup, and so on (many played in Asia)

If you are trying to find out who did well in matches India won in multi nations events, you need to first find the right tournaments for apples to apples across the periods 

15 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind played a lot of tri series in 90s … There were Hero Cup, Titan Cup, and so on (many played in Asia)

If you are trying to find out who did well in matches India won in multi nations events, you need to first find the right tournaments for apples to apples across the periods 

Hmm... that amount of work involves me rolling my sleeves up, which I'm unwilling to do.

I was trying to figure out a way to make Sachin appear less holier to his bhakts.

Jadeja, Azhar and Ganguly will remain my personal match-winners for the 90s. Siddhu and Sachin, here and there. Kambli, an unfulfilled potential.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, DarkProfile said:

Hmm... that amount of work involves me rolling my sleeves up, which I'm unwilling to do.

I was trying to figure out a way to make Sachin appear less holier to his bhakts.

Jadeja, Azhar and Ganguly will remain my personal match-winners for the 90s. Siddhu and Sachin, here and there. Kambli, an unfulfilled potential.

are you also trying to convince flat earthers that the world is round? if someone is a sacchu bhakt, your stats are unlikely to change their mind