Chennai the most boring team in semi finals

Cricketics

desi downunder' date=' don't try to explain tht to hari sankat. uski budhi brasht ho gayi hai.. uske dimaag mein kuch aur nahi aata. usko samjhane ka fayada bilkul nahi hai. time waste karne waali baat hai[/quote'] Problem with Hari sankat is that he vanishes at the first instance Chennai is losing or is in trouble and comes out 'roaring' when they win..fans like these are a discredit to Chennai or any other team. Kudos to the real fans of Chennai like SatishG whos taken wins and losses on the chin and hung around.. Wait till Chennai loses in the semis and Sankat would be absconding for a week!! :haha:

Guest HariSampath
Its not correct ... DD finished their games earlier than any other team ... why cant u understand that .. what if Mumbai & delhi still had 2 games each left ... then CSK would have been praying right now ... So it doesnt make sense to compare till all sides play equal number of games.
Sure I understand that, but even if DD had played ALL their games before others, they would have qualified on their own IF they had won 8 out of 14 games, but they did not. Its not a question of when a team finishes its quota of games, but whether at the time they finish their 14 games , have they done enough on their own Even if DD and Mumbai had 2 games left now, why should CSK pray for their losses if we had ourselves won 8 out of 14 games ?? 16 points ensures a spot in semis and we got it , Mumbai did not, Delhi too did not but could have been knocked out because of Mumbai and CSK qualifying, but Mumbai lost and gave way for DD. What you are failing to understand is that even if DD had 2 games left now....and if that will mean they have to win it to qualify for semifinals, it means DD will have 12 points out of 12 games....and that is not enough. Nobody asked DD to lose many games, they had the opportunity to win 8 games, same as everyone, and they did not, simple enough. CSK did...and thats the difference. And the facts are DD made it because MI was not good enough to win points, fair enough because DD won more than MI and got more points, but MI had that chance but goofed it up and so DD made it.

Guest HariSampath
Problem with Hari sankat is that he vanishes at the first instance Chennai is losing or is in trouble and comes out 'roaring' when they win..fans like these are a discredit to Chennai or any other team. Kudos to the real fans of Chennai like SatishG whos taken wins and losses on the chin and hung around.. Wait till Chennai loses in the semis and Sankat would be absconding for a week!! :haha:
what the fack do you know ! I always support CSK, and have done so since day one...and I also criticise my team's bad plays ...have done so even when we were losing 3 in a row...and who the fack are you to say when I should "hang around" or show presence here ? I have hardly seen you around, and havent known you to make even one informed post on cricket, so what locus standi do you have :finger:

what the fack do you know ! I always support CSK' date=' and have done so since day one...and I also criticise my team's bad plays ...have done so even when we were losing 3 in a row...and who the fack are you to say when I should "hang around" or show presence here ? I have hardly seen you around, and havent known you to make even one informed post on cricket, so what locus standi do you have :finger:[/quote'] Tch tch..cool down dude..its just a game..I know you criticize your team in private :finger:

Sure I understand that, but even if DD had played ALL their games before others, they would have qualified on their own IF they had won 8 out of 14 games, but they did not. Its not a question of when a team finishes its quota of games, but whether at the time they finish their 14 games , have they done enough on their own Even if DD and Mumbai had 2 games left now, why should CSK pray for their losses if we had ourselves won 8 out of 14 games ?? 16 points ensures a spot in semis and we got it , Mumbai did not, Delhi too did not but could have been knocked out because of Mumbai and CSK qualifying, but Mumbai lost and gave way for DD. What you are failing to understand is that even if DD had 2 games left now....and if that will mean they have to win it to qualify for semifinals, it means DD will have 12 points out of 12 games....and that is not enough. Nobody asked DD to lose many games, they had the opportunity to win 8 games, same as everyone, and they did not, simple enough. CSK did...and thats the difference. And the facts are DD made it because MI was not good enough to win points, fair enough because DD won more than MI and got more points, but MI had that chance but goofed it up and so DD made it.
do the math and work out if only 16 points would qualify a team for semis in EVERY case.. I guess not ... if BRC , DC and KKR were to lose all their games (0 wins in the tournament) then every team would need more than 16 points especially if the top team isn't leading by a huge margin .. (I'm not a mathematician so if you could please approve or disapprove this for please !) even by ur logic ......... MI got a break when KKR vs DD game got rained out , had delhi won that then it would have been curtains for MI last week. Bottom line DD could have done better but then so should have CSK by not losing 2 games out of last 3 ... all teams could have done better .. even RR and PXI

Guest HariSampath

@ abhinav I criticise in public, right here...whenever CSK play like losers....but at least I know enough about the game to criticise....doesnt seem like you do...except to squeel when Rajasthan beat Mumbai to put Delhi into last 4....yeah its a game...try to understand the game :finger:

Guest HariSampath
do the math and work out if only 16 points would qualify a team for semis in EVERY case.. I guess not ... if BRC ' date= DC and KKR were to lose all their games (0 wins in the tournament) then every team would need more than 16 points especially if the top team isn't leading by a huge margin .. (I'm not a mathematician so if you could please approve or disapprove this for please !) even by ur logic ......... MI got a break when KKR vs DD game got rained out , had delhi won that then it would have been curtains for MI last week. Bottom line DD could have done better but then so should have CSK by not losing 2 games out of last 3 ... all teams could have done better .. even RR and PXI
It cannot happen that way because KKR, BRC and DC would have played each other twice, and that means there would be 12 points in the games involving just these teams and no way ALL 3 can get a total of 0 points. In fact in any league based tournament only ONE team can get a total of 0 points when all teams play all others at least once. Do the math and see...if 16 points cannot be an assurance for a team, it follows that 3 teams would have to get 18 points each....in this format of 14 games each ( and if there are no washouts)...it is a total of 112 points for 56 games. That means 48 points would have to be distributed between the other 5 teams, and naturally 16 points would automatically see through the 4th team. IF 4 teams have had 18 points, then it means that the bottom 4 teams would have 40 points among them..do the permutations and see. In the current scenario, the 16 point requirement almost certainly ensures a place after the first round, when it became mathematically impossible for for more than 2 teams from the bottom 4 to even have a chance of qualifying, and later even this 2 was ruled out.

@ abhinav I criticise in public, right here...whenever CSK play like losers....but at least I know enough about the game to criticise....doesnt seem like you do...except to squeel when Rajasthan beat Mumbai to put Delhi into last 4....yeah its a game...try to understand the game :finger:
:hysterical::hysterical: You know enough about the game!!! Oh yeah..you do..dont we all know that.. You made my day pal!!! :two_thumbs_up::hysterical:

It cannot happen that way because KKR, BRC and DC would have played each other twice, and that means there would be 12 points in the games involving just these teams and no way ALL 3 can get a total of 0 points. In fact in any league based tournament only ONE team can get a total of 0 points when all teams play all others at least once. Do the math and see...if 16 points cannot be an assurance for a team, it follows that 3 teams would have to get 18 points each....in this format of 14 games each ( and if there are no washouts)...it is a total of 112 points for 56 games. That means 48 points would have to be distributed between the other 5 teams, and naturally 16 points would automatically see through the 4th team. IF 4 teams have had 18 points, then it means that the bottom 4 teams would have 40 points among them..do the permutations and see. In the current scenario, the 16 point requirement almost certainly ensures a place after the first round, when it became mathematically impossible for for more than 2 teams from the bottom 4 to even have a chance of qualifying, and later even this 2 was ruled out.
Sorry my math is not as good but i'm trying ! Thanks for the above info Hari .. and what if 2 teams win all their games (1 against each other) ... or Isnt this a realistic scenario , Im trying to figure out if 16 points would be enough in every case ...
Wins	Points for win	Total Points
12	2	24
11	2	22
10	2	20
9	2	18
8	2	16
2	2	4
2	2	4
2	2	4
56	16	112

Guest HariSampath

In ANY scenario, there cannot be more than 100 points between the top 5 teams. The sum of the points of the bottom 3 teams HAS to be a minimum of 12 pts. The worst case is 8th place team 0, 7th place team 4 and 6th place team 8 points. So 5 teams can theoritically have 20 points each. IF any team had 16 points after 14 games and still doesnt qualify that means that the extra 4 points are distributed among the top 4 teams...that is 84 points for 4 teams, but in this tournament that would have been impossible as the bottom 3 got much more than 12 combined points even in the initial phase of the tournament, thereby making 16 pts the cutoff for qualifying, which CSK achieved with their last game. The facts are DD did NOT achieve this and so HAD to depend on MI losing.

Guest HariSampath

@DD....yes your points distribution would have been theoritically possible, but in that case IF say, CSK was the team with 16 points and placed 5th after their last game, then it would have been impossible for BOTH MI and DD to be fighting for a 4th spot...or in other words the semifinalists would be decided before the team getting 16 points plays its last game , as it would have been 14 points from 13 games and the other teams with 24, 22, 20 and 18 would have qualified much earlier. The key is they would do so on THEIR OWN and the CSK or any other game's result will not matter or affect their chances. In our scenario, because CSK played their last game for qualifying and the cutoff was 16 pts, the team that qualified even before CSK, that is DD, had done so by virtue of having lesser points(15) than CSK eventually got..or MI could have potentially got ( 16 too)...and the fact it didnt happen made DD's 15 points the 4th place

Hari , what if team# (as per standing from the table in my earlier post) 4 (the one with 18 points) had finished all their games while the team#5 (16 points) had 2 games left and was 16 points.. in that case wouldnt team #4 be hoping for team#5 to lose their remaining games :hmmmm2:

WTF???? Chennai is the Most Boring team????? which team has the highest score??????????? Ans:Chennai Which Team has the most number of Hat tricks?????? Ans:Chennai Desi Downunder was jus not understandin things a month ago and NOW......... Look Who is Joining Desi Downunder Its RAJEEV himself................... :omg: Won't these guys ever realise reality?

Problem with Hari sankat is that he vanishes at the first instance Chennai is losing or is in trouble and comes out 'roaring' when they win..fans like these are a discredit to Chennai or any other team. Kudos to the real fans of Chennai like SatishG whos taken wins and losses on the chin and hung around.. Wait till Chennai loses in the semis and Sankat would be absconding for a week!! :haha:
I guess Hari sampath is working somewhere and is having a tight schedule there.......... Dont slag him........ As for me I am Leaving To Join my Job in Cochin....... So was literally running hitherto for the past couple of weeks.............. I ll hang out at ICF:icflove: whenever i get the time...............

Maybe tics has a point ... have a look at the latest odds from bet365.com

Indian Premier League 2008	Book Closes 31 May 01:00
Win Only   
Rajasthan Royals	3.25	Bet
Kings XI Punjab       	3.25	Bet
Delhi Daredevils	3.75	Bet
Chennai Super Kings	4.50	Bet

:omg: CSK @ 4.5 :hysterical: