Delhi or Chennai winning will be daylight robbery!

mahenga

Before you start on me, its not me but this cricinfo article saying that.

...you might just get the very ugly sight of a team that lost six or seven regular-season games walking away with the big trophy. Under the watchful gaze of the floodlight towers, that really would be daylight robbery.
Warne and Martin Crowe are implying only the top two teams deserve to be fighting for the crown. With a long battle already fought, the champion should not be decided with the next three games in which each remaining team is on equal footing and all the hard work in previous games has come to not. Are Rajesthan Royals already starting with a negative mindset. With due respect to their previous performances, the way they approached the last game and now these statements that smell negativity, wouldn't do them any good.

Did they say the same thing when Aus won the WC in 99 or pak in 92 ?? This is the format. Live with it. Besides , of all the teams in the Semifinals, Chennai is extremely affected by the international games. I am not saying that it isnt the franchises fault for getting 3 players who were in the squad for only 4 games nor am i saying that IPL should take precedent over intl games, but if it wasnt for that, chennai would field the strongest team of the 4.

Did they say the same thing when Aus won the WC in 99 or pak in 92 ?? This is the format. Live with it. Besides , of all the teams in the Semifinals, Chennai is extremely affected by the international games. I am not saying that it isnt the franchises fault for getting 3 players who were in the squad for only 4 games nor am i saying that IPL should take precedent over intl games, but if it wasnt for that, chennai would field the strongest team of the 4.
if Hayden, Hussey and Oram were there, CSK would be favorites.

There was a student in my school who always used to stand first. Even in the class X mid terms he was the topper. But in the actual board exam he came in third and a girl topped the rankings. So did the girls deserve the top ranking or was the poor guy robbed?

There was a student in my school who always used to stand first. Even in the class X mid terms he was the topper. But in the actual board exam he came in third and a girl topped the rankings. So did the girls deserve the top ranking or was the poor guy robbed?
By that logic rest of the four teams are robbed because they didn't get the chance to sit in board exams. :hysterical:

By that logic rest of the four teams are robbed because they didn't get the chance to sit in board exams. :hysterical:
Well, ususally they have a screening test for most competetive exams where only the top few are allowed to write it

Well' date=' ususally they have a screening test for most competetive exams where only the top few are allowed to write it[/quote'] Yes thats where the debate is. When 56 matches are played to screen off four teams then three matches to decide the champion among the remaining four looks like lottery. Although I don't believe whining on RR part will do them any good but still IPL format was too lengthy and with additional teams coming in next edition, this format needs to be looked at.

I like Delhi, they are underdogs like our indian team. Iam not used to supporting a team which keeps winning all the matches- thats like australia going to the semifinals by rain affected matches, chance and luck. two exciting indian batsmen to open. then stealing the cup in the finals from the grasp of favourites. yup thats the team i want to support. It will be chennai or delhi. Should be...

The format is crazy as I had mentioned earlier - 56 matches to decide which 4 teams will play the semi finals!!! That's not what leagues look like. The winner should have been simply the one to have topped the points or at the most a final between the top two teams.

The format is crazy as I had mentioned earlier - 56 matches to decide which 4 teams will play the semi finals!!! That's not what leagues look like. The winner should have been simply the one to have topped the points or at the most a final between the top two teams.
yep i second that..its too long and RR wud definitely feel robbed if they go on to lose the semis or the finals..hope they change it the next season..and give the title to the top team..that wud make IPL even more interesting coz losing a single match will have an implication then..

well, then have 3 game series for the semis and finals. This way, there can be home and away games with the team ranked higher getting two home games and the other team getting one home game. The better teams should have a good chance of advancing to the finals. The only downside is that the tournament would be 6 games more longer:tounge_smile: