Newfound respect for Rohit’s 3 200’s.

maniac

On 10/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, maniac said:

One of the most difficult things in cricket is sustained hitting and aggressive batting for longer periods of time. 

today QDK looked unstoppable and that too against a mediocre attack. 200 was there for the taking but one false shot and it was over. Same thing with Warner vs Pak the other day.

There are other instances were someone got a 150 before the 40th over  but were either fatigued or out before they can get to 200.

Sachin’s 200 qualitatively and in terms of achievement is still the best 200 but doing it 3 times is an incredible accomplishment. I would say tougher than Don Bradman’s average.

Respect the Hitman :hail: 

I was so nervous when SRT was approaching the 200, I remember the game and look back at this wonderful achievement as the first batsman to break 200, when there were many that tried and came close.

Unlike today, when players are completely helping another batsman reach the milestone, I remember Dhoni was dominating the strike towards the end, but fortunately SRT got his chance to hit 200.

Hitman I love as well, despite being pregnant to clear 200 several times is no easy achievement, regardless of bowling and or size of the ground. That game where he got around 260+ vs SL, I was disappointed when he got out, I think it was the last ball of the innings as well.