India 2011 WC team vs India 2023 WC team

On 11/8/2023 at 2:46 AM, putrevus said:

The only thing was then Raina could bat at number 7 so they batted deep on paper.

But they scored 260 in semifnal that after Raina Sehwag scored 21 runs in Gul's one over. For 49 overs with 7 full batsmen they could only score 240 runs against a weak Pakistan bowling attack.

No way 2011 was better than 2023 batting lineup.

Wahab bowled the spell of his entire career.

They had Ajmal who was bowling with flex of 40 degress.

Gul on his worse days is better than Shaheen, Rauf, Hassan.

37 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Dude Dhoni in for KLR

I know a lot of people soured on Dhoni for his last few years but 2004-15 Dhoni was one of the clutchest players of all. Dhoni is a top 10 ODI bat ever.

Combine XI will have 4 of the top 10 ODI bats ever - Rohit, Kohli, Dhoni, SRT

I think I have Dhoni as my WK and Captain.. right?? What am I missing? You are pointing out as if I missed him from the combine team. KLRahul is not even in there.

At the end, I am just saying if I have to add 2 players only then I take Sachin and Yuvi first to strengthen the 2023 team even more. Then I take Dhoni and Viru, Zaheer till I reach the optimal team.

I take Sachin first as he is Sachin.. then Yuvi fixes 6 bowler, left hander , power hitter position that we are missing now because of Hardik.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:46 AM, putrevus said:

The only thing was then Raina could bat at number 7 so they batted deep on paper.

But they scored 260 in semifnal that after Raina Sehwag scored 21 runs in Gul's one over. For 49 overs with 7 full batsmen they could only score 240 runs against a weak Pakistan bowling attack.

No way 2011 was better than 2023 batting lineup.

Pak spinners were good and pitch was slow.

51 minutes ago, cricspirit said:

I think I have Dhoni as my WK and Captain.. right?? What am I missing? You are pointing out as if I missed him from the combine team. KLRahul is not even in there.

At the end, I am just saying if I have to add 2 players only then I take Sachin and Yuvi first to strengthen the 2023 team even more. Then I take Dhoni and Viru, Zaheer till I reach the optimal team.

I take Sachin first as he is Sachin.. then Yuvi fixes 6 bowler, left hander , power hitter position that we are missing now because of Hardik.

Aah ok my bad