India world cup opener

novpj

Fellow ICFers Thinking about India's chances at the world cup seems like the match against B'desh is really crucial becoz there is a real possibility we might not make it to super 8's. This mail would have made less sense before B'desh's upset of Nz yesterday but they havent done bad in one days lately. Mortaza was quite troublesome for SRT et al when they were in B'desh + if any of their whacky batsmen gets stuck our chanes might be history. Not the best opponent to open against. Thought?

Re: India world cup opener In a world cup India is aiming to win they can't be bothered about losing to Bangladesh in the first round. Just advancing to second round is not really good enough hence it doesn't matter who the opponent is. India has to play better opponents in the second round too and they can't be concerned whether they are playing Bangladesh or Australia in the first game. If they can't beat Bangladesh they don't quite deserve to go to the second round, it's as simple as that.

Re: India world cup opener I agree entirely. They are tricky opposition and cannot be taken lightly. Having won plenty of matches in the lead up to the World Cup, and now following their win vs NZ - they will be bouncing, high on morale. On the bright side though; if India are forced into working hard for their first win of the tournament, they will hit form early on and that can only be a good thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Banglastan knocked out SL. The Lankans are a crap outfit and they even lost to Kenya last time. The Bidis have reason to be hopeful of progressing.

Re: India world cup opener

In a world cup India is aiming to win they can't be bothered about losing to Bangladesh in the first round. Just advancing to second round is not really good enough hence it doesn't matter who the opponent is. India has to play better opponents in the second round too and they can't be concerned whether they are playing Bangladesh or Australia in the first game. If they can't beat Bangladesh they don't quite deserve to go to the second round' date=' it's as simple as that.[/quote'] well said..... :hail:

Re: India world cup opener i echo Ravi's thoughts here. if we lose to Bangladesh then we dont deserve to go through. end of story. that being said, i am not too worried about playing Bangladesh. we have guys who tend to do well against them, and are less likely than players in certain other teams who are prone to fits of complacency or brain explosions. in the end thats what it takes to lose to a team like Bangladesh - so many things would need to go in their favor: complacency, toss and pitch, and our players doing things (playing certain terrible shots for eg) which they dont tend to do. i think our batting is in good hands, and our bowling is not likely to get hit around by the likes of Bangla, who dont play high class spin well, or the seaming/swinging ball. no reason to worry guys! :hmph: most importantly, i will be at the stadium, and my W/L record for India when I am at the stadium is 9-2 (including the desert storm 'loss'). :hic: India's real threats in this tourney are likely to be Aus, SA and maybe NZ on a seaming pitch. other than that we should be fine and in my assessment we should win the other games.

most importantly, i will be at the stadium, and my W/L record for India when I am at the stadium is 9-2 (including the desert storm 'loss').
Good luck Dhruvdeepak, have a great time. Don't forget to visit this website or post from Windies. Look forward to your article with photos. :wtg:

most importantly' date=' i will be at the stadium, and my W/L record for India when I am at the stadium is 9-2 (including the desert storm 'loss'). :hic: .[/quote'] Also dont forget to go for semi n final if india goes to tht stage....so tht we can get back the cup.. :hic:

In a world cup India is aiming to win they can't be bothered about losing to Bangladesh in the first round. Just advancing to second round is not really good enough hence it doesn't matter who the opponent is. India has to play better opponents in the second round too and they can't be concerned whether they are playing Bangladesh or Australia in the first game. If they can't beat Bangladesh they don't quite deserve to go to the second round' date=' it's as simple as that.[/quote'] I concur! And Druvdeepak, Lucky you! Hope we see Sachin in that "desert-storm" form!! :wtg: